• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Basix Trigger?

Re: Rifle Basix Trigger?

So is the price difference worth it? should i spend more money and get a jewell, ect.. i am all for saving money but i seem to buy the same parts multiple times becuase i try to go cheap the first time.

Never owned a jewell, but I love the rifle basix.
I didn't care about the money, but the bisix was recommended here, so I bought one and am very pleased.

Love my rifle basic trigger and will be buying another one again

No problems here either,there are a lot better triggers out there but they cost a lot more money.I never had any problems with creep and it always breaks clean,unlike the X-mark pro I had......

I love my rifle basix. It was recommended by my local smith and I am glad I listened to him. No creep and clean break in mine.

Definately better than the stock xmark pro.

Looks like i will be ordering one today then. All of my parts should be here on friday, then off to the smith. im excited to get my rifle done. best place to order?

I have to dissent - I just got one last night for my 700 and I spent about an hour trying to dial it in.

I just can't get it to where I can on the Timneys or even old style remingtons.

I got it because the shoe is the same size as the factory - but as soon as I got it to minimal creep, after 3 or 4 firings, I would get a little extra creep out of nowhere. I had the same problem on a prior basix trigger seveal years ago.

If you look at the little cut-out where the sear engages, you can just see it does no look as crisp as my Timneys. I'm getting away from the Timneys as I not liking to super wide shoe they have.

The next step is Jewell but I'm not there yet...

I like hearing stories like that either pro or con. i dont know which way im going to go. im thinking im just going to get the jewell, its more expensive but i will be confident that i have the best out there. im sure the rifle basix would of been sufficient tho. thanks for all of the advice

lots of threads on the hide about it, try hitting the google search in my signature to research it.

love the rifle basix, especially for the price.

I love the jewell triggers I have but I too am interested in trying the rifle basics, I hope the reviews keep coming. I'm like you not wanting to spend money on something I'd just replace shortly after. Since I have a hard time selling anything gun related I'd be out that money that I should have spent elsewhere.

I don't have one so my input may be useless.
The RB trigger always seemed better suited for tactical applications to me because of it's simple design.
FWIW.
I'll be watching this thread so I can learn something.

I've been using a RB for a few months now and really like it. It came from the factory at 2.5 pounds and I haven't felt the need to adjust it. It's breaks crisp and consistant and that's about all I ask out of a trigger.

I've never shot a jewel so I can't really compare the two.

I love my Jewel triggers. I have been considering a Rifle Basix for a Savage build, coming up. After finding out that the latest Nosler "Custom" rifle is using the Rifle Basix trigger and reading test results, I won't have any reservations about a Rifle Basix trigger for my next build.

I have one in my GAP Love it customer service is tops. They will talk you through adjustment step by step. A++++

No comparison between a Jewell and a Basix,,,,,Dont ever buy a Jewell unless you want to put one on every gun. JMO

I have both of the savage versions and they work great. The Sav-1 is a little easier to adjust but the Sav-2 is more adjustable and it replaces savages crappy trigger housing.

Ive had a basix which was fine and a Timney which is very little more and IMHO a better trigger.

I have 2 rifles with Rifle Basix triggers and they are both set at 3.5lbs.; I also have a spare one too.

Love them.

Shilen has never failed me. Not the lightest but it gives a consistent and reliable pull. I dont think of it while i am shooting.