• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle build by Mile high shooting?

Lrdchaos

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 19, 2011
Oklahoma
Has anyone had a rifle build by mile high shooting? Thinking about having one build and I’m looking for reviews on fit/finish and accuracy.

Thanks

I have 2 bolt rifles built by MHSA, both with in-house chambered barrels. Great fit, finish, and accuracy (< 1/2 MOA) both times. Call and ask for Adam, he will get you squared away.

Buy with confidence IMHO.

Reactions: Jimgal62
I’ve had them shorten/thread an AIAT barrel, and rebarrel a pre 2014 AIAX 338LM to 300NM.
They are top notch, call them, I think the move to the new building is complete.

Yes, lived in Denver and had them build a 6.5x284. Rifle shot 3/8MOA at 500 yards at CSC east of town. It’s been 6-7 years but was very pleased With their work and responsiveness. They are an asset to the industry. Don’t know them from Adam but would go back to build another one.

Last edited:
Never a rifle, but some stock work and some other work and what not.
Having seen their rifles (Fritz’s from his shop) I wouldnt give pause to either.
Pretty sure the short guy in charge around here has had them chamber a few

@abn31c - would you say Fritz can do decent work? 😉

Reactions: Windrunner408
Proceed with confidence. Adam, and crew will take care of you. They've done about 6 barrels for my Tubb ATR, and 2 barrels for my Bighorn TL3. A few of them by Fritz before he left, but fit, finish, and accuracy have all been there in spades.

Reactions: KML7201
I was in the new shop a couple days ago. They said about 2 weeks before the smith stuff is up and running.

How do most smiths price the builds? If you show up with a box of parts to make a rifle, do they quote a price to put it together? If you buy the parts from them is it less because they have dealer pricing on the parts? Is it insulting to show up with the parts you want and have them put it together?

I have an MDT chassis I got a deal on, and I have and idea about action/barrel/trigger, but haven't bought yet. I didn't want to offend or make it more difficult. I assume they have a range of parts that they are comfortable working with because they don't expect to have issues?

I'm local to MH, and have bought stuff from them from time to time. I figure if I'm going to have to ship parts, and especially actions, it makes sense to go local. Shipping, handling and BGCs are adding up to move guns around.

If they build the whole gun and supply the parts, isn't there a FAET of 11%?

I’d like some piggyback info about Mile High. Has anyone had them blueprint a 700 action? Any and all info about their process is welcome

And super ultra mega extra points if anyone has had actions blueprinted by Mile High and LRI. Any observations and/or opinions on similarities, differences, preferences very much welcome

The reason I’m asking is NOT to try to get into a he said/she said about which company is better or not. I know the LRI process is absolutely awesome but I live 15 minutes from Mile High so I could just drop an action off at any time instead of dicking with shipping an action to LRI

edit: OP, sorry if this is intruding on your thread too much. Let me know and I’ll start my own thread about this

Had my 6 creedmoor, and 338 lm, done in 2018. Fritz is great, imagine the other guys are too. Good to deal with.

As I wrote above, MH completed a 6.5x284 build for me and I was delighted with the result. What I did not write is that I provided them with a Rem 700 action (270) and asked them to blueprint it as part of the build specs. Apologies that I do not have additional info on their blueprinting process - only a positive opinion about the outcome.

Reactions: The D
I’d like some piggyback info about Mile High. Has anyone had them blueprint a 700 action? Any and all info about their process is welcome

And super ultra mega extra points if anyone has had actions blueprinted by Mile High and LRI. Any observations and/or opinions on similarities, differences, preferences very much welcome

The reason I’m asking is NOT to try to get into a he said/she said about which company is better or not. I know the LRI process is absolutely awesome but I live 15 minutes from Mile High so I could just drop an action off at any time instead of dicking with shipping an action to LRI

edit: OP, sorry if this is intruding on your thread too much. Let me know and I’ll start my own thread about this

Support local and go MHS. No flies on LRI, just nice to be able to drive to your smith. My inlaws live up there so I swing by when I can. They don't need my actions in hand, so they just mail my barrels.....good turn around, and great quality.

Reactions: The D
Mile high is great to deal with! Fritz has always built my rifles with that being said fritz opened his own shop black canyon customs.
I buy parts from mile high and have fritz put them together.

Yes they built my light mountain hunter in 6.5 saum on a mausingfield, manners and proof carbon as well as my 6CM PRS rifle on a HH /mausingfield. Both are lasers, the turn around time was very good, quality unbelievable.

I've had nothing but awesome experience with Mile High. Haven't had a gun built there yet, but have bought a lot from them and took the class with Mike and Frank.