• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle builders in Georgia?

Jason280

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 18, 2005
GA
Any recommendations on rifle builders in Georgia? I recently ordered a Defiance Deviant action and Bartlein 7mm 1/8.7 twist barrel, plan is to build a 7mm-08 in an AICS stock. Years ago, Accurate Ordnance built my first rifle...but they are no longer in business. I've heard good things about Nine Run Gun and McWhorter Custom Rifles, but have no experience with either.

Suggestions?

L3 Rifles, Jon Slagle in Augusta, GA. Learned from Robert Gradous. Builds some really accurate rifles.

Reactions: CBeck
American Precision Arms (APA) in Jefferson and Whidden in Nashville. Yep, see if their turnaround time work for your schedule.

Reactions: DJL2
I would second/third Whidden. They had a Bartlein CF blank for me the day they went live and my rifle in the mail maybe a little ahead of their goal 6 week turn. Moreover, since you’ve got components in hand, their pricing is fair.

Mike Deloach/Nine Run Gun does very nice work. He did a few rifles for a friend of mine and will be putting one together for me when I get all of my components

AO has closed up.
Don't know how to get in touch with Jason.

Mike Deloach/Nine Run Gun does very nice work. He did a few rifles for a friend of mine and will be putting one together for me when I get all of my components
This guy. He built me a hunting rifle last year and it is amazing.

Jason built my two AO rifles while he was at AO. I have visited him since he is on his own to help me with some other barrel work. When my AO rifle barrels are done I plan to let Jason rebarrel the actions.

I ended up using Mike, hope to have it back soon!

I know you may want to deal with someone local. Check out my website www.fishertandc.com and let me know if I can do that for you. I'm up in Montana and don't have a long lead time.

Reactions: ryanowarrior
Let us know how it turns out and post some pictures. I’ll be dropping off my build with him in a few weeks. I can’t wait.

Dropped off a bunch of parts with Michael Deloach on Thursday. Can’t wait!