• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Gunsmithing Rifle Builds

Here we go again;-(

Who cares about cust. service! If they deliver, you got what you want. ;-)

UPS is your friend. I believe there is a good guy in LA that frequents here. Something with roscoe in his screen name. LRI, SSC, GAP, too many to name. All site sponsors or have been.

If they are close, pay 'em a visit. If they don't impress, go with a reputable outfit on the Hide ;-)

I had a chance to examine the machine work of American Precision Arms (APA) in Jefferson, GA....top notch. Might want to contact them.

Hi:

Has anyone had Whidden Gunworks in Nashville, Georgia or Accurate Ordance in Winder, Georgia build a rifle for them? If so what did you think of the rifle and customer service?

Thanks,

jccalvin

Accurate Ordnance sets the standard for customer service, and have many satisfied customers here. I've never had anything done by Whidden but I've heard good things about him. I've shot with him in one match, he seemed like a great guy.

I talked with Mark from Accurate Ordnance about building me a rifle once I get the funds and he has been great. He responded very quick to emails and answered all my questions. I had an invoice withing a couple hours outlining all costs. When I get the funds, he will get to build the rifle for me

Do yourself a favor. Call all of the prospective builders and get a feel for them. In this world of gun building and every month there is a new gun builder sprouting it up. Call who you want and decide. Customer service is king as the end product from the hide builders is comparing donuts to donuts to donuts, they all equate.

Whidden's Gunworks has built 8 rifles for me and 3 for my shooting partner. All shoot to suit me and I can be hard to please. Their customer service is good and their wait times are fairly short. Gary Campbell

I know John & his wife and he is a stand up guy. If you google his name you'll find he has won numerous matches, IIRC he won 1st place at last years NRA long range championship and of course he builds the rifles that he shoots & wins with.