Rifle finally starts to shoot some groups yippie !

CSiebert

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 14, 2010
Southeast missouri
Hey guys I have a FN PBR XP that I had trouble getting it too shoot well. After about 100 rds it seemed to get better but I still wasnt satisfied, I figured that I just got lucky the last couple of times I had it out. Well I bought a GAP and havent shot the FN since, then today I thought what the hell I'm gonna shoot it and shot a 3/4 MOA 5 shot group and a 1/2 MOA 3 shot group at 375 yrds. Has anybody else had groups tighten up after you put some rounds down the barrel?

brand692

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 22, 2009
western ne
Re: Rifle finally starts to shoot some groups yippie !

Absolutely.

Part of it I attributed to the barrel breaking in (I cringe as I type that, as I know the vast majority of folks here don't buy into breaking a barrel in).

Another part I attribute to different variables such lots of powder, specifically Varget. I've had some that is very docile, and had a batch a while back that was noticeably hotter. Environmental factors play a part.

Bowman

Private
Minuteman
Apr 21, 2009

I think another aspect to consider is the amount of practice that you are actually getting. Relaxing and lowering your expectations can tighten up your group....sometimes less really is more.

lovain1932

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 3, 2008
Tennessee

Dat's very true learning to relax makes it so much more fun