• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

rifle golf

Funny thread title...to me. Since I first started shooting, I've had this fantasy about shooting golf balls on a golf course. Kind of weird I guess, and I've never tried it, but it's definitely on my bucket list.

Try hitting up some of the guys in Park City Precision Rifle club. I know a number of them have. I will sometime this summer I'm sure since I live so close now!

That would add some urgency to the "FOUR!" call-out on the adjacent hole. :rolleyes:

We went out to Spirit Ridge last year. It was a riot. There were a bunch of us and we had to start the day on the Hole in One shot (1000 yards). The wind was switching back and forth across the canyon but I only ended up being low by about 6". Not bad for not shooting that far very much. Overall, its a good challenge. It will require calculating drop plus angle and major windage. Most shots are uphill or across canyons. If you decide to go, let me know. They offer group discounts and we have several of us that would like to go play again.

I shot there last with on Nikons Spot On event. We had a lot of fun. We shot out to 800yds and it was a blast. They have life size targets that have cut outs on the vitals. Some of the shots are tough. Ill see if I can find some pictures to post of the event. The only thing is Spirit Ridge doesn't let you go out and blast steel. You only have so many shots per target. Think it would be better if you could shoot by the hour. Nice staff that runs the place.

I went last summer as well, it was fun, but I wont go back for a couple reasons; First is the cost, 50$, and I think we only shot like 32 rounds. The guide wont let you shoot more than the appropriated shots. Even with a discount, it seems like alot of cheese for a little shooting. And as if the 50$ for a couple hours of shooting wasn't enough, there was a strong suggestion to tip the guide ontop of that, which I might have done had he not been so up tight about shooting.
For me, when I go shooting, I want to shoot. Spirit Ridge may be different than just a regular shooting range, and if you like the controlled setup and regulation, and can afford to spend the money, then enjoy it. As for me, I'll be hanging steel myself, and shooting it as I see fit.

I never tried rifle golf, but a while back I was pulling targets for the State match in Texas and we were in the pits at 600 yards. This fellow in the pits on the target next to me was throwing this orange up in front of the target while the match was going on. This had been going on for quite some time and no problem. The next time he threw it up, whoever was shooting on that target must have dead centered the orange and it blew a hole in the target bigger than the orange. Everyone in the pit that was three or four targets on either side of the idiot throwing the orange up in the air had orange juice splattered on them.

I never tried rifle golf, but a while back I was pulling targets for the State match in Texas and we were in the pits at 600 yards. This fellow in the pits on the target next to me was throwing this orange up in front of the target while the match was going on. This had been going on for quite some time and no problem. The next time he threw it up, whoever was shooting on that target must have dead centered the orange and it blew a hole in the target bigger than the orange. Everyone in the pit that was three or four targets on either side of the idiot throwing the orange up in the air had orange juice splattered on them.

Interesting story, but what does it have to do with rifle golf? :D