• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle opinions needed!

Mark Watson

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Feb 5, 2019
I have a complete MPA build in 6.5 Creedmoor, has about 500 rounds on it.
Should I rebarrel to 6mm creedmoor, or just build a BA using an Impact action or something else?
Opinions?

Should be plenty of life left in your 6.5cm. If you have the coin and all the parts are currently obtainable I’d build. I just ordered a defiance tenacity today and I’ll pick it up Tuesday for a 6cm build. Good luck and happy shooting

Everything is Awesome with the 6-5 I just wanted to build a smaller cartridge it still had some energy and distance.
And was trying to keep it a semi budget build by either rebarreling and going back and forth or doing a barreled action and just putting it in the chassis

Why not get a barrel vise, action wrench, and extra barrel for what you have and swap the barrels?

This is probably the route I will go though I do want to try out an impact action

Go lone peak, I felt the action at a match last week and it feels marginally smoother than impact. Go 6br if you want 2500-3k barrel life compared to 6 creeds 800-1500 round life

Reactions: Mark Watson
Color me crazy but I went from 6.5 to 6 creedmoor and I'm going back to 6.5. I like seeing impacts. There were stages that would've 100% been no-calls if it weren't for target hit indicators on the plates.

I'd stick with your 6.5 barrel for another 2000 rounds and see how you like it first.

Here's a 6 pill being spotted just fine. If you plan on shooting matches, having the gamer recoil will give you an edge. Alot of noobs complain about being able to spot 6.5, but if they hit their target properly they wouldn't need to spot misses.🙃

Reactions: Mark Watson