• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle / Pistol Casting Moulds - Who would have..

BearMan

Private
Minuteman
Jan 3, 2003
Indiana
crazy.gif

Thought that these items would be hard to find or even see Out Of Stock B.O.?
mad.gif

What should we expect the NEXT 4 YEARS? - anything and everything?... Hang on Gang this will be a loooooong 4 Years.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Where is the best place to purchase Casting Supplies?</span>

<span style="font-weight: bold">Where do I go to Learn and understand this method for reloadin Rifle and Handguns?</span>THANKS!
smile.gif

Later,
BearMan

Re: Rifle / Pistol Casting Moulds - Who would have..

I heard BO was going to try and ban all lead wheel weights on cars in order to ruin the free supply of lead to bullet casters, you're screwed.

Come to find out that 90% of all cast bullets used in Mexican drug lord shoot outs can be traced back to US wheel weights too so Mexico is lobbying for the restrictions as well.

I get most of my casting stuff (40 cal and 45 ACP) from midsouth shooting supplies. Many products have been fazing out lead for quite a while, lead wheel weights are not too hard to come buy in the area I live if you are willing to talk to multiple shops. The recyclers pay about $0.20 a pound and I offer $0.25 and get lead.

Right now it may cost only a bit more to get lead bullet alloy from places like Crown Metal Inc in Milwaukee WI. The market on lead has dropped in the last 6-12 months and a lot of people out there selling wheel weights or ingots from WW bought their stock when the price was high.

My two cents,

Grafs generally has moulds, so does Midway. If it's backordered, it didn't take too long to show up.

Get yourself the "Lyman Cast Bullet Handbook" I think 3rd ed. is the latest one and it's out of print. They can be found on ebay for about 30 bucks.

I shoot lead and gas checked lead in virtually every caliber I own, which is approaching 2 dozen now.

I started shooting gas checked lead 150's and 170's in my 30-30 almost exclusively. With Unique I lose very little over a jacketed bullet. On deer they don't know the difference. Even at today's crazy prices a 150 gas checked 30-30 load costs about 11 cents per trigger pull.

I have a few Lee single & double .45 cal moulds I'd be willing to part with... Also have an old RCBS luber/sizer not being used...

Re: Rifle / Pistol Casting Moulds - Who would have

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bohem</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Get yourself the "Lyman Cast Bullet Handbook" I think 3rd ed. is the latest one and it's out of print. They can be found on ebay for about 30 bucks. </div></div>
They can be found new at MidSouth for $13.50.

Veral Smith of LBT Technology has excellent products, plus his own book on the topic.