• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

rifle range doesn't allow targets shaped like a torso

Go out and shoot on your own land.
Humanoid targets are restricted at MANY public ranges across the U.S.
Some for profit ranges have rules to keep from turning some people away.
It's their dime, their rules.
If it's California it's obviously libtards.
I shoot a "public" range, Honey Island Shooting range that hasn't allowed people type targets for years.
Tactical training ranges often have hostage targets for classes, but not public use.

Dude, it's happening everywhere. Virginia has fallen, Texas has fallen and it goes on and on. The left had their plan along time ago, let in as many immigrants as possible and convince them to eventually vote for constitution hating democrats. Thanks to the two big political partys, the door was left open too long, you can't fight the numbers, Trump will be the last non democrat president.

Could you explain Texas has fallen?

Could you explain Texas has fallen?

The only thing I think he could be talking about is Austin. The capital has always been somewhat liberal, but it has gotten bad. Did you know that Austin has a very serious homeless issue? People sleeping all over the place. The governor has had a few public wars with the mayor. Last I heard, the governor gave the mayor an ultimatum, clean up the city or the state will.

Reactions: Snuby642
Austin
Dallas
Houston
San Antonio
El Paso

Several hotbeds of communism trying to infect the rest of the state while the rest of the state tries to contain the infection.

You're in very good company! I learned to shoot at Metcalf with my dad in the 80's. Such great memories. At the time, there were lots of military veterans and overall good people that frequented it. We could see the quality of patronage slowly deteriorate over time, and even saw some very unsafe firearms handlers be asked to leave. I left the state about the same time you did, and my parents left not too long after. I fully appreciate living in a free state!

It's so sad; California used to be a land of rugged individualism, very friendly to firearms and outdoor enthusiasts. Now it is squarely a communist thinking wasteland. There are still nice areas to visit along the coast, but there are other nice beaches in the world too . . .

My folks left the bay when my grandfather passed in 07. I was still overseas at the time. They moved into the family homestead up near Mt Shasta, and my mom was commuting to the East Bay weekly till she retired in ‘11. They finally gave up on CA and moved to the MN lake country on 32 acres, where they are much happier, and closer to me for help.

Was a bit sad and very telling of the state of things in CA, when the local papers ran a story about my parents leaving. For the first time since 1894, someone in my direct male bloodline didn’t live in the town.

Austin
Dallas
Houston
San Antonio
El Paso

Several hotbeds of communism trying to infect the rest of the state while the rest of the state tries to contain the infection.

Agreed. Those places are a mess and Fort Worth is not that far behind with all the cal transplants.

However I don't think we are lost as a state at all.

Imho

Agreed. Those places are a mess and Fort Worth is not that far behind with all the cal transplants.

However I don't think we are lost as a state at all.

Imho

Neither did the people of Virginia. The votes in major cities often times can't be discounted. Northern Virginia is the only hotbed for Liberals and the rest of the state can't overcome those numbers due to population density.

As a NRA instructor I can see that. NRA doesn't allow targets that look like humans, they want to teach shooting fundamentals not killing.

If you don't agree with the range just don't go there.

Reactions: Rocketvapor
As a NRA instructor I can see that. NRA doesn't allow targets that look like humans, they want to teach shooting fundamentals not killing.

If you don't agree with the range just don't go there.

I get your second part, but I don't agree with your first comment. Teaching fundamentals also includes teaching and honing your protection of one's life and property. I see no reason that a torso target or any other representation of a human being can't be used. After 9/11, the ranges couldn't keep Osama targets in stock.

Are we that apologetic of our 2A Rights, that we must now stop practicing that Right just so we don't offend some snowflake? This is like boiling a frog or eating an elephant and I for one am getting pretty tired of having to walk lightly and hope I don't offend anyone.

Seriously, it's an image on a piece of paper or a piece of paper cut into a particular shape. The same paper you're shooting with another image printed on it.

Get over yourselves and stop pandering to the weak minded individuals who are only trying to control you. They don't really care what your targets look like, they hate you just because you own a gun.

The ultimate target.

Pictures of fruit, nuts, and snowflakes.

So just use this simple multiple bull eye target I made:

D2B2851F-58EC-446E-8F1D-BA85213AB208.jpeg

It doesn’t look anything like a torso with high value damage areas identified.

I shoot at an private club tat is NRA Only membership - you have to prove current NRA membership to get access. All of the ranges are posted - no concealed carry on Club Property. We are supposed to disarm ourselves off club property and lock our pistols in the trunk to shoot at an NRA only private club.

I can only imagine what they'd do if one set up a torso shaped target. I got "The Look" and a lecture for shooting at targets like these at 600 yards....

BerettaPointShot.jpg

We have entered a time in History in America where even the thought of using deadly force against another person is disturbing to a growing number of people. People are uncomfortable knowing that a person (maybe a person standing right here next to them!) is training to defend their lives and the lives of their families using a firearm. I have no idea how to stop that/fix that. Despite the thought that there is violence all around and apparently no one is safe, people cannot understand that it is every persons Right to protect themselves with the best means possible and to train to be competent to that end. Despite being terrified of violence millions have never seen any in their life times and have no idea what they are afraid of....if it happens just curl up in ball and pray for the Police to save you. Since they have never witnessed violence they have no idea why anyone who has seen violence would want to prepare themselves to use deadly force.

We can't save them. Apparently we can't stop them either.

VooDoo

Reactions: BullGear
Ironically, a large circle steel plate resembles the upper body type of more people than the IPSC plates does. Feel free to also paint a smiley face on it.

Gun owners are their own worst enemy; or at least the portion that have 'led' since the 80s that are more worried about public image and 'sending the wrong massage' and taking the high road and all that bullshit. You know the type when you post a question about something or a picture of a weapon and they are the firs tto tell you that you are not in compliance with some bullshit law or are more worried that your barrel is only 15.9 inches.

Yes, those faggots. And they are the same as these dildos worried about what you're fucking shooting at while at a rifle range.

Ill be honest in that I'm not on ARF often, but they got the right idea about something over there. The additude has changed to fuck anyone who is worried about the legality of things or is worried about how something appears to others. We need to ridicule anyone/any organization that does this limp wristed bullshit under the guise of 'its good for the cause' - because its actually not. Not by a long shot you fucking faggot.

You guys should be careful or you might offend some MFERS.

• Haha
Reactions: lash
Just watched a Republican political ad for Texas senator with him standing at a range and using a full upper torso as a target.

Will never be like California here we are too big an ass to put up with the snowflake crap.