• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Competition Events Rifle range recommendation between Dallas and OKC?

Senor_Barney

Play stupid games, Win stupid prizes
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 25, 2020
    Northern California
    Since this is related to my PRS competition I figured I'd posted here but let me know if it needs to get moved...

Question: Can anyone suggest a public rifle range between Dallas and Wetumka, OK?

I'll be attending the impact Foundation PRS match at the end of August but because of my work schedule I don't think I will make it to zero and check in by Friday afternoon.

I'm flying into Dallas and will drive North to Wetumka, OK. I figure my best option would be to pull over at some BLM land or a range somewhere in between... preferably one that
    a) is open to the public
    b) has the ability to shoot at tiny rocks distance (700 yards and such)

Worst case is I'll just need a 100 yd range to confirm zero and get velocities after my flight.

Side question: Is it REALLY ~4 hours drive time???

Screenshot_20230712_142320_Maps.jpg

I can assure you there will not be any public land to just pull over and shoot.

I know there are some ranges up in that area but the ones I am familiar with aren’t very convenient to your route.

Hopefully someone that lives in that area will chime in with some help

Fouled Bore is open to the public I believe. Might be an hour out of your way(west of where you’re going). Give Justin Watts an IM on Facebook. Fouled Bore Precision is his FB page. Think his range goes out to 1300yds.

It’s Texas man. We don’t have public land lol.

If your just needing to zero they will have a time early morning before the match to zero your rifle at the match.

Also Fouled Bore like mentioned above has plenty of space for whatever you need.

Reactions: nikonNUT
    Why aren’t you flying into OKC?
    There arent any direct flights to OKC from my neck of the woods....i can arrive in Dallas at 1230 and then drive the rest of the way and "maybe" find a range en route to confirm zero (i fly with the barreled action broken down).

Alternative is if I fly to OKC I arrive later in the day because of the layover and then may not be able to find a range to zero before everything closes.

You might try getting on the Oklahoma Department of wildlife website and see if there is a management area on your route that has a rifle range