• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Ranges in the Ft. Campbell Area

Rockdoc173

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Aug 26, 2014
    Florida
    I'm going to be visiting the Ft. Campbell area this summer and I was just wondering if anyone could point me toward a decent rifle range around there. Thanks for the input.

Sadly, the area kinda sucks. Montgomery county shooting complex has out to 400. There is a public range at LBL that is ok. Private property is the only good option in the area. Rock castle is 2 hours north and K&M is 2 hours south though, which are awesome but difficult to get into for a range session.

Sadly, the area kinda sucks. Montgomery county shooting complex has out to 400. There is a public range at LBL that is ok. Private property is the only good option in the area. Rock castle is 2 hours north and K&M is 2 hours south though, which are awesome but difficult to get into for a range session.
    That sucks. With all the military presence I figured there would be at least a decent place to shoot.

There aren't any I know of. I'm about an hour from Fort Campbell, in southwest KY. At least not public ranges. There might be some private ranges you have to be a member of like Henry County gun club, but if I remember correctly, becoming a member there is a weird process. I have to shoot on private land, which is fine, but between crop seasons and hunting seasons, I don't get to as much as I like. That's why I'm going to try to join k&m some time this year. If you find somewhere, let me know.

Henry County Gun Club is about 1 hour west of Clarksville, near Puryear TN. They have a 600 yard rifle range with pit service and a covered firing line. They host Tactical Rifle matches, NRA F-class/Mid Range Prone, and Vintage Sniper Matches monthly. Go to "www.henrycountygunclub.com" to see if any of their match dates will fit your schedule. You won't be disappointed if you go.

If you are mil you can shoot at range 16. It has steel to 900m and it cost 5$. Only open on weekends and guns have to be registered on post

There aren't any I know of. I'm about an hour from Fort Campbell, in southwest KY. At least not public ranges. There might be some private ranges you have to be a member of like Henry County gun club, but if I remember correctly, becoming a member there is a weird process. I have to shoot on private land, which is fine, but between crop seasons and hunting seasons, I don't get to as much as I like. That's why I'm going to try to join k&m some time this year. If you find somewhere, let me know.

Wilco

If you are mil you can shoot at range 16. It has steel to 900m and it cost 5$. Only open on weekends and guns have to be registered on post

Good to know man, thanks. That sounds like it could be a good option. Do you know if they have Steel set up?

Just go on post and wander on one of the ranges. It's okay.

Reactions: km77
    Steel is up permanat on 16. Look up Ghengisahn on here, he has the range card and shoots there often.

I'm stationed at fort Campbell currently

Im 99% sure you do NOT have to be military to shoot on range 16. You just need to register your weapons on post at gate 4 with the provost Marshall.

I shoot on range 16 at least every other weekend. It's he old sniper range and is still used for training during the weekdays. Managed by the MWR on weekends.

https://campbell.armymwr.com/us/campbell/programs/privately-owned-firearm-range

thats the MWR website. Keep in mind it's only open on weekends and "DONSAS" (uncle sams way of saying, you've b
    Been good. Here's a Friday and/or Monday off)

steel is littered across the field going all the way out to 820 meters I believe.

Photos attached

Attachments

• photo51258.jpg
      photo51258.jpg
      36.2 KB · Views: 26
    Last edited: