• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle scope suggestions

Devanzo

Private
Minuteman
Oct 17, 2022
Ohio
So I’m looking to buy a scope for my new rifle build it’s a 6.5 CREEDMOOR I’m looking to spend around 1000 bucks maybe alil more an will shoot out to a thousand yards would like to push it alil further maybe weight is not an issue an if like it to be first focal plane,any suggestions would be helpful

So I’m looking to buy a scope for my new rifle build it’s a 6.5 CREEDMOOR I’m looking to spend around 1000 bucks maybe alil more an will shoot out to a thousand yards would like to push it alil further maybe weight is not an issue an if like it to be first focal plane,any suggestions would be helpful
If you can get by with SFP, then I'd strongly suggest this...

Just bought 3 while they're on sale, and put them on my 3 main hunting rifles that needed more magnification than what was on them. Very lightweight, but exceptional glass (bright & clear), good reticle, turrets are nice, controls are smooth, only thing is it's SFP and MOA... I like FFP and MILs, but for hunting, it really doesn't matter that much. You won't beat this scope for the money. And even at MSRP, it's easily in the top 3 between $1000 - $1,500 range.

I wouldn't get a SFP scope for long range, it takes away a lot if why you need the scope to do it. I would just wait to get up enough money to pick up a used khales 525i or get a Minox used here. Those 2 are the best bang for the buck that there is imo, and it's worth the wait to get your budget up to 2200 ish. It's a pretty big jump up to that point for what you get. After that point, you pay a lot for increasingly less performance..(that said I love my zco's).

Reactions: Secant
If you can get by with SFP, then I'd strongly suggest this...

Just bought 3 while they're on sale, and put them on my 3 main hunting rifles that needed more magnification than what was on them. Very lightweight, but exceptional glass (bright & clear), good reticle, turrets are nice, controls are smooth, only thing is it's SFP and MOA... I like FFP and MILs, but for hunting, it really doesn't matter that much. You won't beat this scope for the money. And even at MSRP, it's easily in the top 3 between $1000 - $1,500 range.

Well idk I won’t be using it for hunting more benchrest an target steel but I guess I could give sfp a go again

Well idk I won’t be using it for hunting more benchrest an target steel but I guess I could give sfp a go again
Being that it has a capped windage, it's more of a hunting-style scope. It would work, but I agree with @BuildingConceptsllc that for mostly target and BR work, I'd look into a used Kahles K525i or a new K624i ($2,500).

If you're shooting at known distances, and you don't have to range your targets with the reticle, then SFP won't matter, but if you're having to range your own "unknown" distances, or hunting really long ranges, then yeah, FFP is the way to go.

This would be my go-to, if I had $2,500 to drop on a scope... FFP .1 MIL turrets, tons of magnification, made in Germany, German glass, 34mm tube with tons of adjustment, and Zeiss quality to back it up.

Being that it has a capped windage, it's more of a hunting-style scope. It would work, but I agree with @BuildingConceptsllc that for mostly target and BR work, I'd look into a used Kahles K525i or a new K624i ($2,500).

If you're shooting at known distances, and you don't have to range your targets with the reticle, then SFP won't matter, but if you're having to range your own "unknown" distances, or hunting really long ranges, then yeah, FFP is the way to go.

This would be my go-to, if I had $2,500 to drop on a scope... FFP .1 MIL turrets, tons of magnification, made in Germany, German glass, 34mm tube with tons of adjustment, and Zeiss quality to back it up.

That ziess is excellent glass

Reactions: FuhQ