• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle size poll please

Re: Rifle size poll please

I have a few at 46" and one at 52' that one is hard to find a bag for.
i wouldn't mind a double rifle bag for 48", nicely padded with large pockets on each side.

Hey Steve,

I've got some that fit into every category, but its the width on the shorter rifles (folding chassis systems) that gets me so you might keep that in mind for design purposes. Otherwise, the 44-50" category is probably most common in my safe.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: attherange</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a few at 46" and one at 52' that one is hard to find a bag for.
i wouldn't mind a double rifle bag for 48", nicely padded with large pockets on each side. </div></div>

I picked up one of Midway's longest drag bags (56" model) and I can just barely fit both my bolt guns in it. The BA is about 51" long, but there's another inch or two of length leftover. The tight fit on the drag bag is actually around the optics as they both have pretty large optics packages. I've only had it for a few months but it seems to be holding up pretty well. I'd recommend new zipper pulls for it though as the nylon cord ones pulled apart on a few of mine. I swapped the main zippers with lockable tabs and the rest with paracord loops.

I know it's not what this is asking... BUT

I want a bag that will fit in a Pelican 1750.. and probably others too (for smaller cases)... that is smooth on the outside, will replace the foam, and hold my rifle... preferably it'll be able to be used with or without the Pelican (IE: it'll open while inside the Pelican, but have a basic duffle style strap too) and it'll hold the rifle securely and possible have modular accessory pouches that can go inside for a suppressor, AI mags, etc, etc

Optics are often the PIA here too and folding chassis systems like the AICS 2.0 that I'm running add "depth" which only complicates the situation.

Add to that the idea of moving anything with a suppressor on and the complete package generally exceeds almost everything out there.

Maybe you can run another poll that would be more of a "Length x Height x Depth" question?

IF, IF, IF...
smile.gif

We were working on a drag bag, rifle case etc. the height component would be based off of an SR25-AR10, with a 20 round mag inserted and a "modern" magnifying optic mounted. Somewhere in the 12" range.

My goose gun is 56 3/4" long. I have yet to find a case which it will fit in.

I'm not positive on OAL because some stocks vary but barrel length i like to keep it 18-24"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Force_Multiplier</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I know it's not what this is asking... BUT

I want a bag that will fit in a Pelican 1750.. and probably others too (for smaller cases)... that is smooth on the outside, will replace the foam, and hold my rifle... preferably it'll be able to be used with or without the Pelican (IE: it'll open while inside the Pelican, but have a basic duffle style strap too) and it'll hold the rifle securely and possible have modular accessory pouches that can go inside for a suppressor, AI mags, etc, etc </div></div>

I would buy at least one, likely two, of these.

Just sayin'

My 20inch barreled GAP rifle in a manners T2A is just under 40".

I am looking forward to this Steve. Hypothetically of course..........

i need a bag that my 110BA will fit in and im having a very hard time finding one.

The short, light, handy rifles are great. But its a lot of fun to be able to roll out the long range boomer and bust up some rocks!

Mine is 46" B&C Tactical with 26" Rem Varmint no muzzle device

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TOPGuN050</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i need a bag that my 110BA will fit in and im having a very hard time finding one. </div></div>

I posted above that the 56" Midway drag bag can fit both of my Savages, though the optics keep it from closing completely when both are in it. The BA fits just fine on its own. Decent bag but get new zipper pulls for it.

My 260 is 45", and has a Premier scope. The other rifles are shorter.

I would like a Bag that is around 54-56" long, I have a couple of rifles that do not require the longer bags required for Cheytacs and .50's etc. but are too long for the ".308" drag bags on the market.

just now been looking for an rifle case that will accomodate an 49" rifle with big hulking scope(Millett LRS). i have been looking at 52" but the height isn't there. i would need about 10" anyway.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Triad</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How long is your <span style="font-weight: bold">rifle</span>? OAL in inches please... You may make two selections.
</div></div>

Rifle? Singular?
laugh.gif
Now that's funny.

My over 50" rifles are the ones I have the hardest time finding bags for.

5R is 42"

When my suppressor is finally approved she will be close to 50" with the can on.

I actually have rifles in the three first categories... With a 26 inch barrel my 6mm br is only 46in even a TRG-42 is only 47in. I assume that most of the rifles over 50 are BMG's and Cheytac's? Are there really that many of them?

My Pelican 1750 has barely a cunthair of room to spare.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tactical_Tom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I actually have rifles in the three first categories... With a 26 inch barrel my 6mm br is only 46in even a TRG-42 is only 47in. I assume that most of the rifles over 50 are BMG's and Cheytac's? Are there really that many of them? </div></div>

It depends on LOP and muzzle devices. My 260 wears a 26" barrel with +1.25" LOP and YHM brake and it comes in right at 50.50" in a T5A.