• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle sled/ rest

Gundoc

Sgt
Minuteman
Sep 13, 2014
DFW, Texas
Morning all. I am looking to purchase a system for testing rifle (mainly AR based) accuracy, removing the shooter from the equation.
ideally we need to be able to rig it with load cells/ sensors to measure things like recoil impulse, force etc.

Anyone used such a system?
we also need to be able to transport it to ranges as we dont have our own.

I know that Caldwell makes a Lead Sled Solo Gunrest. It is curved for AR's to handle the magazine. Another company named Hyskore makes black gun platforms.

Reactions: Gundoc
Caldwell lead sled dft 2 is what I use. It supports all rifles, even ARs and their longer magazines. It’s a bit on the pricier end for Caldwell sleds but well worth it. If i remember correctly I think it can be loaded down with 100lbs of weight for magnum calibers and can adjust in nearly every way imaginable. Cabelas had em on sale for 129 I think a few weeks ago.

I like the XL Dog Gone Good bag. Once the forend is locked in the V channel, its not moving ! It weighs like 30 pounds but easy for transport.

This is my precision lead sled. The Enidine shock absorber capacity handles up to 50BMG. It’s one of a kind and weighs #65 without the gun. THK 25 Series bearings, Hog Saddle Pig Clamps and 7 adjustments [(4) legs, butt clamp, fore end clamp, and angle side to side)].

image.jpg