• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

rifle sling suggestions?

cdennyb

Private
Minuteman
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Kommunist Kalifornia
I have that new Savage 110 BA and wanted a decent quiet sling for it. It's 15# without the bi-pod and scope so it's a handfull to pack on the quad-runner. I needed something and figured someone here would already have done the research. I see leather, para cord, and nylon... some wanna-be tactical stuff with plastic snaps (yuc-maybe good for airsoft guns) and some that are just too pretty to put on a rifle like this. Anyone have a suggestion?

Re: rifle sling suggestions?

TAB or TIS for 1-pc, VTAC for adjustable, or wait for TAB adjustable.

I gotta say the guys at VTAC did a nice job of showing off their item in the video. Thanks for the suggestions, I'm looking at all of them right now.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: opalvom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The new TAB QA. Not sure I can say how I know... </div></div>

What is a TAB QA ?

Look for thread "TAB Gear QA sling" in this section.

page three on this iphone

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TJ.</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: opalvom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The new TAB QA. Not sure I can say how I know... </div></div>

What is a TAB QA ? </div></div>

TAB Quick Adjust

I chose tis. However after seeing so many recommend tab I feel like I made the wrong choice. Is there something I am missing?

TIS, TAB or wait for the TAB adjustable, far from wanna-be airsoft tactical stuff to say the least. lol

I've been using two lately with good success

1. Turner Saddlery Biothane sling. I like them better than traditional match leather slings. Midway usually has an abundant supply.

2. V-Tac. JP Enterprises highly recommends them. I really like them for fast field positioning. They have a good web site.

I may be the odd man out here, but I've been using Boonie Packer slings for years. I have their older version of a traditional 2" wide sling with their "Safari" swivels (their current 2+2 model) on my 10FP and also have a Safari Sling model for another weapon. They're solid, reliable, quiet, and inexpensive. Plenty of different designs for every taste and weapon. Here's their web site: http://redi-mag.com/

FP10_M8500a.jpg

FP10_kit.jpg

I have a TIS, my friend has a TAB. I like the TAB Better as its easier to get in and out of.

Hey guys when I hear "The TIS Sling" it makes me know my advertising sucks as I have several sniper slings. Triad just did a Youtube thing on the three sniper rifle slings we make. Here is a link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqaIB7vzvqs

The Slip Cuff Quick Release was just assigned a GSA number. It is one we worked on with US Military based on alot of user feedback.