• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle (stage 1)

GreyShirts

Private
Minuteman
Dec 29, 2011
Oklahoma
Remington 700 S/A 5R Mil Spec .308
Other parts in photo:
AAC Blackout 51T
Timney 510 w/safety (#3)
Seekins 20moa base
Surgeon bottom metal

2r70ydt.jpg

Still need/waiting:
Manners MCS T3 Gap Cammo on order (I was told it was shelled last night, only 14wks out hopefully)
Saving $$$ for Bushnell HDMR G2
Going to purchase Seekins 34mm rings next week

Re: Rifle (stage 1)

I will update when more parts come in. Remarkably I haven't shot this thing yet. I'm waiting until it is completely finished.

Do you have any rings or optics to throw on it in the meantime? Like shedhorn said, get shooting!

+1 for the HDMR and the seekins rings. Have the same setup on my GAP and it looks great.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: greyshirts</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No, unfortunately not. I'm ok with the wait, it will payoff in the end. </div></div>

If you can wait, Sweet. BA set-up though.

Re: Rifle (stage 2)

What could it be????
2eeexc5.jpg

BOOM!!!!
qssf7o.jpg

Manners MCS-T3

Just want to thank Thomas for such a great product. I placed this order about 8wks ago, and wasn't expecting to get it for another 8. Then it shipped Monday(13th) and I got it Tuesday(14th). My wife still doesn't get what I'm so pumped about. More photos to come after Beanland gets ahold of the rest.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: greyshirts</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What could it be????
2eeexc5.jpg

BOOM!!!!
qssf7o.jpg

Manners MCS-T3

Just want to thank Thomas for such a great product. I placed this order about 8wks ago, and wasn't expecting to get it for another 8. Then it shipped Monday(13th) and I got it Tuesday(14th). My wife still doesn't get what I'm so pumped about. More photos to come after Beanland gets ahold of the rest. </div></div>

Nice!

Disconcerting, however, as I ordered mine over 4 months ago. Received an email 3 weeks ago saying it was "nearly" ready to ship. Called yesterday to learn it is "nearly" finished, and should be ready to ship in about 3 weeks. Oh well, wasn't really counting on having it for this year anyway.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: turbo54</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Disconcerting, however, as I ordered mine over 4 months ago. Received an email 3 weeks ago saying it was "nearly" ready to ship. Called yesterday to learn it is "nearly" finished, and should be ready to ship in about 3 weeks. Oh well, wasn't really counting on having it for this year anyway. </div></div>

I got an email this past Friday saying my stock (MCS-T, Savage LA, CDI DBM) that I ordered May 14th was 'in finish' and should be ready to ship 'in a week or two'.

I wonder if something was found 'wrong' with your stock and they had to make another one?

Sorry for the hijack OP - nice stock!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BoilerUP</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: turbo54</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Disconcerting, however, as I ordered mine over 4 months ago. Received an email 3 weeks ago saying it was "nearly" ready to ship. Called yesterday to learn it is "nearly" finished, and should be ready to ship in about 3 weeks. Oh well, wasn't really counting on having it for this year anyway. </div></div>

I got an email this past Friday saying my stock (MCS-T, Savage LA, CDI DBM) that I ordered May 14th was 'in finish' and should be ready to ship 'in a week or two'.

I wonder if something was found 'wrong' with your stock and they had to make another one?

Sorry for the hijack OP - nice stock! </div></div>

Wow...

This was my first dealing with Manners. I've read time and again how great their CS is.

No joke!

I just received a call from Mr. Manners regarding my stock. He said it is in finish, ready to ship on Friday.

That puts my stock right at ~16 weeks, which was the original estimation.

Also, mine is a folder, which accounts for more build time than others. Seems logical.

Anyway, sorry to threadjack, just didn't want the thread to have any kind of negative flavor regarding Mr. Manners and his top notch company.

Carry on...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: greyshirts</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What could it be????
2eeexc5.jpg

BOOM!!!!
qssf7o.jpg

Manners MCS-T3

Just want to thank Thomas for such a great product. I placed this order about 8wks ago, and wasn't expecting to get it for another 8. Then it shipped Monday(13th) and I got it Tuesday(14th). My wife still doesn't get what I'm so pumped about. More photos to come after Beanland gets ahold of the rest. </div></div>

Yes sir I'm jealous the Manners stock I ordered is exactly like yours except with flush cups and the mini chassis. Suppose to be here late September......I hate waiting lol!

same thing i did. i purchased an AAC-SD and as soon as i unboxed it i took the stock off and put it up on Ebay and it sold for 50 bucks. i didn't shoot it until it was built to shoot (i still haven't put that damn bolt knob on LMAO).

It's been a while since I've updated. Last Thursday I was kinda bored/tired so I figured I would take a "kinda pre-planned" road trip to Gould Oklahoma...HMMM whats there? After 2.5 hours of hallin' tale, I made it to Jons' shop. I gave him all my stuff, chatted for a bit, drove back to the city, and got ready for work again. All I can say is what a great guy, and easy to deal with. So, by now some of you know who I'm talking about, and some don't. I'm talking about Jon Beanland!!! Geeze, don't any of you pay attention. I will post some pics when I get my rifle back.

STAY TUNED!!

Still pulling money off my money tree in the back yard so I can get my scope, bipod, hard case, cleaning kit, and sling. Scope is/was already decided on, until I heard rumors of a possible updated bushy 3.5-21 hdmr g2...we'll see. Bipod will have to accept sling stud, I didn't opt for the rail. Kinda looking for suggestions on a good sling.

Re: Rifle (stage 3)

It's finally here!!!

65sfac.jpg

24zgfmd.jpg

36bgl.jpg

263uhs4.jpg

Rem 700 5R, finished by Jon Beanland.
.308 factory 5R cut down to 22 inches with AAC 51T brake added, surgeon bottome metal, pillar bedded, seekins 20moa base (bedded), manners t3 stock. It has a kampfield hunter style bolt knob, and timney 510 tuned to about 2.5lbs. Cerakote is about 25% od green and 75% coyote tan mix (per Jon). Now, I just need to get my scope and some ammo. Thanks Jon, extremely easy to deal with.

Nice looking rifle greyshirts!! Jon is the man he will be building my next rifle..