• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle stock or chassis?

scubasigguy

Private
Minuteman
Apr 10, 2008
North Texas
Okay, I am new to high quality bolt action rifles, so hopefully I don't get blasted for this question. Does a professionally bedded stock offer any advantage over an AI (or other brand) chassis?

Thanks in advance.

BTW, I did do a search here and didn't find the topic.

Last edited:
You will need DBM if you are running it in competitions. Top loading is fine for target work.
I went with a AI chassis but would have been just as pleased with a manners with their mini chassis but they are still a chassis.

and you would need to add a DBM to the stock..

Okay, that makes sense. I have read the specs on weight either so I didn't realize that the, re was that much of a difference.

On a side note, I spent a lot of time in Medina growing up. I am from Cleveland, and have family that still live in Medina.

Get a chassis. You can swap actions in and out and you haven't married one action to one 'stock' and you save yourself an extra 300+ to buy and inlet for bottom metal

Get a Manners stock with the mini chassis. Best of both worlds. A standard stock feel with the ability to drop in your barreled action and go as well as having a DBM.