• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Stocks

Groundedclk

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 19, 2007
Tilton, New Hampshire, USA
I was doing some research and I cannot find any information on what I am looking for, so I go to the experts. I do apologize if these questions have been answered before I did search here as well and could not any thread.

The questions:

1. KRG X-Ray stock
Quality? Thoughts? Reliability?

2. Thumbhole stock with a wide flat forend
Something like a McMillan A4 but with a thumbhole.

Manners T5 may be what your looking for, fairly wide forend and a full thumbhole grip. The X Ray is a great chssis, lighter than the Wiskey 3 due to the use of more composit injection over CNC aluminum.

+2 and never look back

Amen on the Manners. I had a preorder on the Xray, and said I was gonna be a lil late, and was told I'd be fine for the intro price, whenever I ordered, just to use my code. Well when I got my $ together and tried to order it wouldn't let me order for intro price, so I said to heck with this, and got another AICS. But I do like my Manners, but it's a T2A.
BTW for not much more $ than the Xray you can have an AICS, esp since the new version is out.

2. Thumbhole stock with a wide flat forend
Something like a McMillan A4 but with a thumbhole.

IMO the best by far is a KMW Sentinel. Manners T5 works too.

260-1.jpg

IMG_2812.jpg

The McMillan A-TH is another tactical thumbhole option. I personally would chose the sentinel or Manners first but it may be worth a look.

the Sentinel is an amazing stock, but pretty much unobtanium at the moment.

Not unobtanium, but they're not available off the shelf and the wait is a little longer than a standard McMillan. Call or email Terry and he'll get one started for you. I received this one this week.

stock.jpg

I'll try to take some comparison pics of a Sentinel and a T5 later today.

Red those colors are sick on the sentinel what is going in the stock

Not unobtanium, but they're not available off the shelf and the wait is a little longer than a standard McMillan. Call or email Terry and he'll get one started for you. I received this one this week.

stock.jpg

I'll try to take some comparison pics of a Sentinel and a T5 later today.

I actually emailed Terry because I had a Sentinel stock originally awhile back, it must be like five years or so now. Due to a accident in my home I no longer have it and want to replace it but on their site it says they are not taking deposits or reservations right now. So I am looking for a substitute piece then again I never shot the other one anyways I now have a friend in to rifle shooting so I actually will shoot it.

So I am going to check out the T5A and see what options are available.