• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle using AR mags??

Northman

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 22, 2005
With all the custom action makers beeing able to produce almost anything you want as long as the demand is there.. How about (if its even possible) to get one of them (defiance, stiller) to make one that will accept the mags.. then maybe some DBM maker would make something that would accept them?

Is this possible? Are the AR mags to wide for a standard rem action?

Re: Rifle using AR mags??

The other problem is that DBM bolt gun operators like to use handloads, and usually long handloads, so the Ar mag would not be very usefull.But if you are going to use regular length ammo I guess it would work.

Another problem I think is that the AR's rely on the lower bolt lugs to strip a round off the magazine; in a 2 lug bolt action like a Remington there's nothing on the bolt that can do the same job. I know AIA in Australia built bolt guns off of Enfield actions that took AK and AR magazines, but I don't know enough about Enfields to figure out how they did it.

I would love to have a compact bolt-action carbine in .223 that took AR magazines, to be honest.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Northman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">With all the custom action makers beeing able to produce almost anything you want as long as the demand is there.. How about (if its even possible) to get one of them (defiance, stiller) to make one that will accept the mags.. then maybe some DBM maker would make something that would accept them?

Is this possible? Are the AR mags to wide for a standard rem action? </div></div>

Read this thread...

http://snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2154563#Post2154563