• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

"Rifles of Simo Häyhä: The World's Greatest Sniper "

Depends upon your point of view I think chris kyle might most confirmed kills but Carlos hathoc who started the sniper school make chris kyle great had 93 confirmed kills upto 400 unconfirmed; had low craw like a mile to get to 700 yard shot take nva general out so I pick Carlos hathoc

Last edited:
Depends upon your point of view I think chris kyle might most confirmed kills but Carlos hathoc who started the sniper school make chris kyle great had 93 confirmed kills upto 400 unconfirmed; had low craw like a mile to get to 700 yard shot take nva general out so I pick Carlos hathoc
BS. Simo had 542 confirmed kills over 95 days. All done with irons.

A thought I had concerning numbers of kills: the best hunter in the world couldn't kill a trophy elephant in Antarctica but any retard could do it in a zoo.

Wow. I posted this video just to educate people on the Finn's version of the M96/30. It wasn't meant to start a pissing contest.
I did not know that Haya used a 28/30.

Regarding the equipment, the circumstances, the short time and the environment, I think nobody inhere is able to judge him or even imagine what he did, and nobody would be able to do what and how he did it.

"Best", "No. 1", sorry, but that´s ridiculous in my eyes.
The Russians were absolutely in panic, the impact he had on their moral can not be measured in anything.
If someone knows how tiny Finland is compared to Russia, you can´t beat the achievement they gained.

That´s my opinion.

Worth reading: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simo_Häyhä

"In 1925, aged 19, Häyhä began his 15 months of compulsory military service in the Bicycle Battalion 2 in Raivola, Viipuri Province.... However, he didn't get sniper training until a year before the war in 1938 at a training centre in Utti."

...So, although he was a very good competitive shooter in the late 1920, he wasn't actually trained as a sniper until 1938, at the age 34.
He turned 35 years old during the winter war of 1939-1940, which I find sort-of interesting. He is considered a significant hero in Finland:

"Häyhä was known as a modest man who never boasted of his wartime merits. He spoke only rarely about the war. He was asked in 1998 how he had become such a good sniper: "Practice". He was asked in 2001, shortly before his 96th birthday, if he felt remorse for killing so many people. He replied, "I did what I was told to do, as well as I could. There would be no Finland unless everyone else had done the same."

I understand from a buddy who who went through US Army sniper school, the course begins with a study of the history and techniques of the most renowned military snipers. The first lesson always starts with a detailed discussion of Hayha Simo....

Half of his kills were with an smg correct? A M28 would be a nice addition to a collection.
219 sniper kills with a rifle, 219 additional kills with an SMG, a Suomi KP/-31. Which is a big heavy drum-fitted cyka that's extremely accurate due to the weight soaking up the recoil from a 9mm Para.

Reactions: jb41291
I am sure that you know this and only judge the finbs sniping skills but it's important to mention that the Finnish were part of the third reich and lots of them served in the waffen ss!

I am sure that you know this and only judge the finbs sniping skills but it's important to mention that the Finnish were part of the third reich and lots of them served in the waffen ss!
Yes, mainly because the Finns really wanted to kill commies. The West understood and tacitly condoned this. Look at Lauri Thorne. And no, Finland was never part of the Nazi Reich. They accepted military assistance from them because both countries were fighting the Russians.

You are mixing up two different wars..

Simo served during the winter War that was in the period of the Molotov–Ribbentrop Pact and was an war where Soviet attacked Finland. He was injured and did not serve during the continuation war that was when Finland, together with Nazi Germany attached Soviet Russia.

Reactions: ReplicaSnipers
You are wrong and right in the same sentence, because you are mixing things up.

"The West" aka the Allies didn´t care about Finland, because they wanted Russia as a partner in war against Germany, so they made a deal with the devil.
Germany on the other side was in war with Russia, mainly to get the "granary in the east" and of course the oil and other raw materials, simply because Germany had none.
(Same reason, oil and raw materials, why the NATO now is agressive against Russia, if you ask me).
But Finland never was part of the 3rd Reich, nor did they cooperate in any way.

And yes, there were volunteer Battalions or Brigades serving in the Waffen SS from everywhere all over Europe and even outside like from Asia or Africa.

And the winter war between Russia and Finland and the following battles were a side-battle of WW II.

The USA had political and economical relations with Germany before WW II and even along the beginning, they stayed neutral.
Then Pearl Harbor was bombed and history took its course.

Last edited:
Asia and Africa? I've not heard of this. Any details you can share?

Mark Felton on YouTube has good videos on this. There was even some Americans who fought with the SS.

That´s correct, but they weren´t many.

Isn´t it magic, that in all wars both sides believe they fight for a greater good?
:)

Reactions: GrumpyOleFart

Typical internet bs. Finland was never part of the third Reich. Never ever.
Keep your click bait kind of bs comments off the internet.

Worth mentioning that rack grade Finnish rifles were held to the standard of 1 moa

219 sniper kills with a rifle, 219 additional kills with an SMG, a Suomi KP/-31. Which is a big heavy drum-fitted cyka that's extremely accurate due to the weight soaking up the recoil from a 9mm Para.

K-31 were known to be minute of squirrel head accurate at 50 meters.

I’m sure Simo put a puukko under the ribs of plenty of ruskies as well. It’s a lot quieter. I know for sure used by those who were fighting the 9th army to use their Luukko whenever possible to conserve ammunition and maintain element of surprise on raids.

The winter of ‘39 into 40 was especially cold and the red conscripts from southern ussr had a hard time just to survive. No use shooting a bunch of huddled up ruskies at dawn when a knife would do.

Yes, mainly because the Finns really wanted to kill commies. The West understood and tacitly condoned this. Look at Lauri Thorne. And no, Finland was never part of the Nazi Reich. They accepted military assistance from them because both countries were fighting the Russians.
Now he was a cool dude.

Interesting. I've been reading WWII stuff since I was a kid and never heard of the "Legion of Free India", the "Arab Brigade" or "Arab Freedom Corps". Seems a bit "anti-Aryan". Voluteers from anywhere within the Soviet sphere is understandable to me.

The Soviets rarely left the roads and would gather around bonfires at night which made them targets. Stalins purge of military leaders was in full effect.

Simo eventually took an explosive round to the face but survived. Forgotten weapons did a video on these explosive rounds.

Reactions: sandwarrior
Interesting. I've been reading WWII stuff since I was a kid and never heard of the "Legion of Free India", the "Arab Brigade" or "Arab Freedom Corps". Seems a bit "anti-Aryan". Voluteers from anywhere within the Soviet sphere is understandable to me.

Well, the Nazis had a society class or race system, like the Romans had (Romans, Italians, others).

Pure Germans, so called "Volksdeutsche" Folk Germans (foreigners with German origin) and others.
They even founded a new science called "Rassenkunde" racial theory, where it was determinated what were Aryan marks (body shape, eye-color, hair-color, skin-color, skull shape, etc.).
To find hidden jews there were so called "Judenschau" jews exhibition from "scientists".
It was anything but scientific, because those scientists were often wrong in their decisions, from what I know.

As the old German tribes were very fond of travelling, actually many of them were nomads, there are a lot of references of their presence all over Europe and parts of Asia.

To show only one example, the Swastika is very common in India.
It was a "sun symbol" for the Northmen and is still a sign which should bring luck in India.
But it was used in China and Africa as well, but not very common.

The Nazis used the old northern mythology, the symbols and the characters (runes) to build up their - kind of religious - superior heritage and so-proven right for the world-supremacy of the Aryan race.

So there was the superior race ("Herrenrasse"), accepted races and races which should be wiped out.

If you like so, all extreme ideologies proceed as such.
The Communists want to kill all political others, the Islamists on the religious behalf, and so on.
All of them barbarian and stone-age in my opinion.

Yes longest kill done in Iraq was buy brittish sniper with a 308 military equivalent ; not sure if it was a m21 platform or nato equavilent
You are an idiot.

Do some research before coming on to 'Vintage' and spewing your dumbassery.

Normally, I don't like, and won't, tee-off on someone, but you've already punched out three posts that attack the OP, don't have any background on what you said, and through lack of research, have come to conclusions that you know nothing about. Simply to be argumentative. That's not the point here in 'Vintage'

Feel free to lurk here a while and learn something before you open your big fat keyboard and spew stupidity again.

Last edited:
Now he was a cool dude.

I did not know if you heard. They recently found the body of 'Larry' Thorne. He was in a helicopter crash on the Laos/Viet Nam border. Not captured on patrol as was previously reported. The crash was located somehow and his remains were identified. Putting to rest the stories of him being moved up to the Soviet Union and held as a slave until his death sometime in the '80's.

Added: I'm losing track of time obviously. The wreckage was found in 1999 and the remains identified in 2003. That's more than just a few years. But! He was found.:)

Last edited:
Typical internet bs. Finland was never part of the third Reich. Never ever.
Keep your click bait kind of bs comments off the internet.

Worth mentioning that rack grade Finnish rifles were held to the standard of 1 moa

1 moa for a rack grade rifle is pretty impressive, even today.

Did the Finns use any sort of match ammo in their rifles?

Think 'Lapua vs. the rest of the world'. That's match ammo. Just a mindset on quality production.

Makes sense, why put all of that effort into a new barrel, improved trigger, etc if the issued ammo isnt up to the task.

At time of ww2 a rifle that could shoot 1inch groups was considered sniper grade; most shots no more 600 yards now snipers shoot 1000 yards or more and have sub moa groups

I think you've got your facts wrong. Longest confirmed kill in Iraq was a Canadian JTF-2 sniper with a McMillan TAC-50 at 3540m ca. May 2017.
Might been Canadian but shot 308 seen on history channel ; still canada still under brittish commonwealth they didnt have a 1776 like USA

Might been Canadian but shot 308 seen on history channel ; still canada still under brittish commonwealth they didnt have a 1776 like USA
As suggested earlier, maybe you should 'take a read'. Oh look! It's on the History Channel.:eek: :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reactions: Davo308
No naďs and his name is terry. :/
Lol
As suggested earlier, maybe you should 'take a read'.
Your still under the queen