• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rim X failure to Fire update

Ruslow

Private
Minuteman
Feb 17, 2017
AR
OK ,here is what happened at the NRL match, atleast 1 FTF per mag,would fire on recock.Lite firing pin strike,have checked for dragging on the trigger sear [ok] shimmed the firing pin spring [no help] down to headspace. the bolt is 100% up against the barrel, or atleast is showing the witness marks as being. measure rim thickness of a round [removed all extractors] and chambered it, then put plastigage on bolt face and recocked. Pulled bolt out and tapped cartridge out measured plastic it shows atleast .004 clearance between base of cartridge and bolt face,with thickness of .044 + .004= .048. NOW before anyone says you did not take into the caseswell or indent the plastic was put across the rim face also and same.Unless one of you know how to change this will be calling Rim X [thanks for #] to see know to reset the headspace.Stan

First, make sure the set screws have not come loose in the cocking piece somehow and that the pin has not backed out. Your measurement should be much more and it’s either that or a bad mismatch of cocking piece to trigger if accurate. I’ve got plus .01, .02, and .03 cocking pieces. Feel free to message me and give me a call tomorrow and I’ll go over things to check if needed. I’m sure zermatt will help also if you want to go that route

Most definitely will.message me for you real name and such plan on a call around 10 am central time. thanks Stan

problem is fixed [thanks for the help in explaining Jelrod] was a simple firing pin adjustment.

Reactions: Defender32
The firing pin was not screwed all the way down till it stops.I posted [atleast I think I did] the protrusion of the pin out of the bolt shroud and Jelrod said that was not enough. Had me check to make sure that it was tight to the shroud.which it was not so tighten and pin hits hard and deep on the shell casing.
On a second note Zermatt did reply to my email which I still can not find in any folder. But talked to them this am also and they said the same thing. And when they sent me another email their initial email to my question was there. Wish I had received it because they told me to check the firing pin protrusion.Stan

Reactions: Csafisher
@jelrod1 is a wizard of the RF game. One of the good ones!! You want a full custom build contact him. I have 1 RimX now w/ 2 more rigs being built. 40X Repeater conversion and another RimX.

Reactions: high right