• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rimfire Ballistic app

Hoggr9

Private
Minuteman
Apr 11, 2021
Xenia, IL
Just starting longer range, never done any competing. I would like to start with a free app if possible just to get an idea if it would be useful and something i would use.
I have read where Strelock is now banned. What would be a good free one to start with that would be fairly simple to learn and use? Or can someone point me in a direction to allow me to do more research on the matter?

Just starting longer range, never done any competing. I would like to start with a free app if possible just to get an idea if it would be useful and something i would use.
I have read where Strelock is now banned. What would be a good free one to start with that would be fairly simple to learn and use? Or can someone point me in a direction to allow me to do more research on the matter?
Who banned strelock that's what I used until I bought a Kestrel with AB

Lapua has a decent one

The developer of strelok was sanctioned by the US government, and his assets were frozen. You can’t download it any longer. To my knowledge, it does not affect current users (mine works still), but you can’t download it fresh.

Reactions: woogie_man
There is an entire thread abiut Strelock, US has banned and it has been removed from the app store, its a whole Fiasco. I mqy look the Lapua one, thanks

I have the Zeiss app that goes with their lrf binos. It's spot on with .22 and adjustments are simple enough. I don't THINK it works without their lrf tho. Never tried it as a standalone

everything going on in the world and they need to screw with our ballistic app! Thats too bad it was a pretty good app

Reactions: Foo and LooseGoose
I use BulletDrop on an iPhone.
Chronograph, weather app (MyRadar), and actual rounds down range to tweak, get me spot on out to 400yds.

When using ballistics apps and rangefinders, should the distance to target be from the end of the barrel, objective lens, turrets etc...?

Thanks!

When using ballistics apps and rangefinders, should the distance to target be from the end of the barrel, objective lens, turrets etc...?

Thanks!
It doesn't matter. You aren't seeing drop in that 1' - 2' that amounts shit in terms of what you can dial.

Plus all LRF's have a stated +/- error listed in the specs. So if it did matter.....you wouldn't know if the error came the error of the rangefinder or your reference point you asked about. So it's moot.

And that doesn't even take into account the muzzle velocity variance of rimfire ammo shot to shot.

Reactions: Pipefitter I’m
Strelok Pro is still available from the Huawei App Gallery and the Samsung Galaxy Store.
Not currently available for fruit phones.
Can get an inexpensive android device to use it if you want.

I noticed a better lineup with the rimfire using the RA4 rather than G1 profile.

Still using Strelok because it works. I've paid for AB, which works great, but isn't as full featured as strelok.

Cheap used tablet or phone and side loading it would be my choice.

The developer of strelok was sanctioned by the US government, and his assets were frozen. You can’t download it any longer. To my knowledge, it does not affect current users (mine works still), but you can’t download it fresh.
I'm sure this has been covered somewhere else but, I bought a new iPhone this week after quite a few years and most everything transferred over to new one.
STRELOKPRO DID NOT!
I uploaded all of old phone to cloud then downloaded to new one.
Strelock icon is still there but when I try to open it I get a message that says something like no longer available.
Sorry to all you sensitive types to be text screaming, but I felt like it when I tried to open Strelock.
For that matter I still feel like SCREAMING about it!

I'm sure this has been covered somewhere else but, I bought a new iPhone this week after quite a few years and most everything transferred over to new one.
STRELOKPRO DID NOT!
Strelock icon is still there but when I try to open it I get a message that says something like no longer available.
Sorry to all you sensitive types to be text screaming, but I felt like it when I tried to open Strelock.
Virtue signalling at it's finest by them. Pissed a lot of us off too.

Last edited:
STRELOKPRO DID NOT!
If you still have the old phone follow the instructions for this app:

To move Strelok Pro from old iPhone to new iPhone (with the same Apple ID!) use this application: https://imazing.com/ Here is useful video:

Reactions: Merlin O