• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rimfire pistol question

danr

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 26, 2006
s. texas
Do you’all know of anyone that makes a picatiny rail (drill/tap) that will sit atop a 1911 slide for optics ala Ruger 22/45 Tactical. More specifically a Kimber .22 conversion slide. Here’s kind of what I’m going for but sits too high in my opinion.
DDAFE220-B5A2-465A-B92F-764AB25C337F.jpeg
DA969A8B-3A92-438F-B60A-919A1437A364.jpeg

What do you plan on bolting to the top of your pistol? A Kimber Rimfire is not like a 22/45 where the bolt reciprocates within the receiver. Your whole top-end cycles back and forth and adding a shit-ton of additional mass is going to slow it down enough to play hell with reliability.

Reactions: JohnTheFisherman
An RDS like a Burris Fastfire or such. Should work I think. A much lower profile rail would reduce weight.

There you go. Didn’t realize that was available. Also gonna do the threaded barrel extension/replace with threaded barrel to run a Dead Air Mask on it. That should help out with cycling.Thanks