• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rimfire rifle dilemna

pepperbelly

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 7, 2006
Fort Worth, Texas
I need to get a .22lr rifle to maybe use in silhouette matches. I also want to try shooting it to 100 and 200 yards just for fun.
There is an Anschutz Match 64 single shot that I used to own and can buy back for about $450.00.
I also have a plain jane original Ruger 10/22 that I could do something with.
I have read good things about CZ rifles.

So, which would make the best, most accurate rifle? Would it make the most sense to buy the Anschutz back or spend the money tricking up the 10/22, or should I just buy a different rifle altogether?

If that is a really good value on the Annie I may buy it back just to keep and buy another or trick out the Ruger later.

Jim

Re: Rimfire rifle dilemna

Get the Annie back. Nothing quite compare to it. I use an annie for a trainer and sold everything else rimfire.

Yeah the Anschutz rifles aren't anything to be compared to. Simply unmatched. You'd do well to buy it back to use.

Another vote for the Anschutz. I love it when rifles I have previously owned make their way back to me. It has only happened a couple of times. Call it rifle karma.

Buy the Anschutz to shoot while you trick out the 10/22
laugh.gif

I don't think you can have too many .22s.

I would go with the Anschutz 64. If it has a deep forearm, it may not be legal for silhouette. NRA Silhouette rules specify that the forearm must not be deeper than 2 1/4 from the centerline of the bore.
CZ are fine rifle, especially if you are looking for a sporter style. But the Anschutz will have a stock better suited to offhand and riding the sandbags as well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: J&C</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would go with the Anschutz 64. If it has a deep forearm, it may not be legal for silhouette. NRA Silhouette rules specify that the forearm must not be deeper than 2 1/4 from the centerline of the bore.
CZ are fine rifle, especially if you are looking for a sporter style. But the Anschutz will have a stock better suited to offhand and riding the sandbags as well. </div></div>

I will be picking it up tomorrow, and I will measure the forearm then. I will take a few pics too if I have time.
I won't be shooting in official NRA silhouette matches- just club matches, and that assumes I will have time. I shot one years ago and those damn chickens kept jumping around.

Jim

The Annie is back home. When I dig out the mount and put a scope on it I will take some pics. I may take a few with the olympic rear aperture installed.
Range report soon.

Jim