• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rimfire Rifle Photos Thread

My bank account is not happy, but I am. Added an Anschutz 54 (1712AV) a couple days ago, with yet again a Leupold 3-9x33, flip caps, DIP rail, in Warne Mountain Tech low rings. It shoots pretty damn good. Hopefully my rimfire addiction is finally satisfied...who am I kidding...there is no cure for my affliction.

1712AV.jpg

range.jpg

Ten round group circled.

target.jpg

My bank account is not happy, but I am. Added an Anschutz 54 (1712AV) a couple days ago, with yet again a Leupold 3-9x33, flip caps, DIP rail, in Warne Mountain Tech low rings. It shoots pretty damn good. Hopefully my rimfire addiction is finally satisfied...who am I kidding...there is no cure for my affliction.

View attachment 7874302

View attachment 7874303

Ten round group circled.

View attachment 7874304

Give up. It is hopeless. Your rimfire addiction will never be satisfied. That's a nice rifle and setup that you have. Congratulations.

I finally got the RRA upper in .22LR and put everything together.

RRA Tactical Carbine upper in .22LR. Vortex mount and scope, Viper PST 3-15X. Lower is a Colt with a Geissele trigger.

The groups were fired at 50 yards with 25 rounds in each target. The fliers were my fault. I was not at my best today but settled down and was later able to hit some golf balls at 100 yards with this rifle.

One of the ten-round magazines would not go in the magazine well. It was simply too wide. So I have request for an exchange submitted with RRA.

Does anyone have any suggestions for other brands of magazines that will work with the RRA?

RRA Upper AR-15 22LR.jpg

There's nothing really special here. I worked on a friend's 10/22 rifles that he gave to his 13-year-old son and 9-year-old daughter.

They had an opportunity to shoot the rifles yesterday after my makeover. All I did was add the Vortex Crossfire 2-7X scopes with the BDC reticle, replaced the V-block and extractor as well as the magazine release. A couple of inexpensive bipods and slings were also added.

The rifles were zeroed at 50 yards with CCI SV ammo with 3/4" groups at that distance.

This was the first time for the daughter to ever shoot a rifle. She was a bit nervous at first but caught on very fast.

After banging the steel targets at 50 yards I explained to them how to use the BDC reticle and about the drop of the bullet.

After shooting a few steel targets, at 100 yards, the brother and sister decided to try and out-do each other on a couple of golf balls suspended at that distance.

They were able to hit the golf balls at 100 yards about 50% of the time.

I asked the girl if she wanted to go back to shooting the steel targets at 100 because of the way they ring. She told me no that those targets were too easy and she liked shooting the golf balls!

The smile on the kids' faces made my day!

IMG_3502.jpg

I gave brother and sister their choice of spray paint for the targets. You can tell a little girl was shooting here. These are the 50 yard targets. I forgot to get a photo of the 100 yards targets but they were the same as these except for the golf balls.

IMG_3548.jpg

Last edited:
And now for something completely different. Not super cool but I wanted a lightweight hunter and got a good deal on this Tac Sol take down so I grabbed it. Little bugger feels like a toy at sub 4 pounds. Gonna throw a can on it, make sure POA/POI are good, and try and bust a squirrel iron sights style.
Tac Sol1.jpg

Tac Sol2.jpg

Last edited:
Sometimes you gotta take the classics out along with the new

Kimber 82 with a leupold vari-x 2
Mossberg 46a
Bergara b14r with a Vortex diamondback tactical

Attachments

• 6CA21B91-EFF8-4CC6-B659-870F55A29BF6.jpeg
    6CA21B91-EFF8-4CC6-B659-870F55A29BF6.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 118
  • 1D7C935B-F0B6-4E46-9606-5A9DEDF87A8E.jpeg
    1D7C935B-F0B6-4E46-9606-5A9DEDF87A8E.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 114
  • 8ABC4139-9111-4F57-8583-60946665C898.jpeg
    8ABC4139-9111-4F57-8583-60946665C898.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 112
Had cataract surgery on my right eye 6 days ago. I had no idea how poor my vision was, except it was clear that my shooting was terrible. Shot the little 10/22 this morning. Wow! I could actually see the crosshairs inside the 1/2" red target dot space. Not spectacular shooting, but good enough, and much better than last I tried.

3 10-shot groups at 30 yards.
20210102_170411.jpg

20220530_111434.jpg

And now for soemthing completely different. Not super cool but I wanted a lightweight hunter and got a good deal on this Tac Sol take down so I grabbed it. Little bugger feels like a toy at sub 4 pounds. Gonna throw a can on it, make sure POA/POI are good, and try and bust a squirrel iron sights style.
View attachment 7880824
View attachment 7880825
Mine's stuipid accurate. Shooting CCI SV. I keep meaning to try some Center X or Midas but haven't gotten around to it. I put on a SBX barrel for the Tbac22. Literally my favorite gun.

IMG_1005.JPG

IMG_0012.JPG

IMG_0011.JPG

IMG_0013.JPG

Mine's stuipid accurate. Shooting CCI SV. I keep meaning to try some Center X or Midas but haven't gotten around to it. I put on a SBX barrel for the Tbac22. Literally my favorite gun.

View attachment 7881002

View attachment 7881003

View attachment 7881005

View attachment 7881006
Nice! I have the non-takedown SBX too and and integrally suppressed version in jail. How the repeatablity with the scope and popping the barrel on and off?
P.S. Mine shoots Center-X well but it's gonna get CCI SV and like it! :LOL:

Nice! I have the non-takedown SBX too and and integrally suppressed version in jail. How the repeatablity with the scope and popping the barrel on and off?
Get you a Waltz die, and run some CCI-SV though it with the HP die and you'll be set for squirrel season. Good to see CCI-SV prices settling down, hopefully by the time I need more it will come down even more.

Reactions: nikonNUT
I have rarely shot it with the scope. The red dot stays attached to the barrel so it's always good. When I run the scope, I go zero it and leave the barrel attached. But what testing I have done, it holds zero really well.

I have rarely shot it with the scope. The red dot stays attached to the barrel so it's always good. When I run the scope, I go zero it and leave the barrel attached. But what testing I have done, it holds zero really well.
Cool! Thank you! I see 2 different configurations for the RDS. Mounted to the reciever pic rail and using the Hunter X-22 Backpacker Optic Mount. Which one do you prefer?

Cool! Thank you! I see 2 different configurations for the RDS. Mounted to the reciever pic rail and using the Hunter X-22 Backpacker Optic Mount. Which one do you prefer?
Over the barrel. For the above stated reason. Also, seems to be easier to pick it up a bit farther out. I can also mount the scope without removing the RDS. Taller rings needed though. Actually just mounted the scope farther back and shorter scope than in pic (PA6x32 22lr ACSS reticle.) You can pick up the red dot through the scope if you get in the right position. Not what I was trying to do, but it does. When actually shooting with the scope, I don't really see the red dot.

Gotcha! Leaning toward a magnifed prism sight so I was curious. The non-take downs will get scopes but the back packer has me scratching my head on how I want to proceed. 1st world problems I suppose. :LOL:

Last edited:
So the SBX that came home the day after the take down did and the TSS went to jail. Really like the balance on this one! Prolly cuz even with a Mask on it (Shown with faux suppressor) it's less than 18" total "barrel" length
SBX.jpg

Last edited:
I finally got the RRA upper in .22LR and put everything together.

RRA Tactical Carbine upper in .22LR. Vortex mount and scope, Viper PST 3-15X. Lower is a Colt with a Geissele trigger.

The groups were fired at 50 yards with 25 rounds in each target. The fliers were my fault. I was not at my best today but settled down and was later able to hit some golf balls at 100 yards with this rifle.

One of the ten-round magazines would not go in the magazine well. It was simply too wide. So I have request for an exchange submitted with RRA.

Does anyone have any suggestions for other brands of magazines that will work with the RRA?

View attachment 7874415
What grip
Is this?

Reactions: Skeptic1
Again IzhMash, some detailing applied. New stock, scope rail 15MOA, new trigger. Barrel cut from 500 to 380mm and threaded for silencer.
Biathlon sling mount attached to carry as a sack. Not a tack driver but light and compact toy. Some colour mismatches due to my postprocessing skills. Holes made from 95 meters (about 104 yards)

IMG_20220612_070512.jpg
IMG_20220612_133615.jpg
IMG_20220612_133917.jpg
IMG_20220612_133812.jpg
IMG_20220612_105727.jpg

16" CZ 457 Scout (waiting on IBI barrel)
Area 419 bolt handle, Murphy stainless 30moa extended rail, Nightforce 20moa unimount with accessory rail, Vortex Strike Eagle 5-25x56 MRAD, KRG: Bravo chassis, enclosed ARCA rail forend, tool less buttpad adjuster, 1 steel butt spacer

Attachments

• IMG_20220613_163138270~2.jpg
    IMG_20220613_163138270~2.jpg
    361.6 KB · Views: 132
I have a military background and even though my active service time was a long, long time ago, it has influenced my shooting. As long as I am physically able to shoot offhand and from field positions, I will continue doing that and use iron sights.

In 1956 the German army bought rimfire trainers and the Anschutz trainer was adopted as the G33. It is based on the famed 54 action that Walther GEHMANN had developed for Anschutz. I had shot it in the barracks as a child and later as a soldier and own a few now. That love affair spans five decades.

Got out with my trainer a little bit Sunday, CMP Kimber Model 82G. Just ran through some crappy ammo I had to dispose of so no real accuracy work. I've done some work to clean up the trigger pull on this a few years ago, diamond honed the engagements and lightened it up. Shoots great and is always a blast to play with. I even shot a NRL22 match with it a couple years ago, was at a disadvantage against the competition since it is a single shot but was impressed how well it did.

IMG_2118.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2610.JPG
    IMG_2610.JPG
    579.2 KB · Views: 98
Got out with my trainer a little bit Sunday, CMP Kimber Model 82G. Just ran through some crappy ammo I had to dispose of so no real accuracy work. I've done some work to clean up the trigger pull on this a few years ago, diamond honed the engagements and lightened it up. Shoots great and is always a blast to play with. I even shot a NRL22 match with it a couple years ago, was at a disadvantage against the competition since it is a single shot but was impressed how well it did.

View attachment 7900556

This guy is only making a certain amount of match trigger groups for the Kimber 82C government.
XTSP Triggers
[email protected]
Tom Myers
(513) 313-3464

I was doing some research for a friend and his Kimber 82G and from what I discovered, if I had an 82G, I would probably give this trigger a try.

Here's a review of the trigger:

This guy is only making a certain amount of match trigger groups for the Kimber 82C government.
XTSP Triggers
[email protected]
Tom Myers
(513) 313-3464

I was doing some research for a friend and his Kimber 82G and from what I discovered, if I had an 82G, I would probably give this trigger a try.

DayAtTheRange dude seems like a really cool guy. I've had some conversations over on RFC with him, would like to go to the range with him eventually.

Reactions: Longshot231
XTSP Triggers
[email protected]
Tom Myers
(513) 313-3464

I'll check these out! I'm pretty happy with the trigger in this one but we also have one set up with peep sights that I will probably get one of these for if I can. That way I can compare.

I love that stock!
Who makes it?
Yup looks like a Manners folder in Midnight camo. Appears to have barricade mini chassis.

Very cool, how is it cycling & shooting?
I’m still playing with the internal mag adapter height as the odd round is getting caught on the top of the chamber, but l really like the feel of the bolt throw. Only have a a few hundred rounds through it so far but the groups on steel at 250m are looking promising.

Yup looks like a Manners folder in Midnight camo. Appears to have barricade mini chassis.

I'm glad they don't make one that fits a CZ 455.
You almost cost me $1,500......

• Haha
Reactions: 7mm-matt and Rob01
How to go completely overboard with a .22LR Challenger format pistol: Start with a Tactical Solutions X-Ring VR receiver. Fit to it a Beyer 10" fluted aluminum barrel with SS liner. Throw a Beyer Linear Compensator up front. Install a Kidd 2.5 LB single stage trigger onto the receiver. Then, drop it all into a Enoch Industries Odin billet aluminum chassis. The only part from Ruger is the 25-RD magazine.

IMG_2108.jpeg
IMG_2109.jpeg
IMG_2110.jpeg
IMG_2112.jpeg
IMG_2114.jpeg
MSTN logo-lg.jpg