Here’s my CZ457 Pro Varmint with some add ons :

7C06FBFE-7C19-4CB1-846C-2771730980EF.jpeg

ncyotecaller

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
May 10, 2009
McLeansville, NC
Gray Ops is making an ARCA clamp for the Cyke-Pod now...might be time for me to upgrade from the Atlas CAL.
I own a Super Cal and a Cyke-Pod. The Atlas is definitely better for just being a tripod, the Cyke-Pod is definitely made for the PRS game for sure. It has definitely helped me shoot rooftop stages better. I have the Gray Ops clamp on my Atlas (robbed it off my Harris) it is definitely quicker than the knob on the Cyke-Pod.

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
Supporter
Minuteman
Supporter+
  • Oct 6, 2019
    Somewhere in Arkansas
    I'm sure you posted details before, but I can't remember...which trigger are you running? I've got a TT Diamond single stage in my Vudoo.

View attachment 8003398
    It came with a Timney 510 v2. It's not horrible but I will probably grab a TT diamond to match the other Vudoo (TT diamond 2-stage flat face).

Reactions: Cowpokey

Cowpokey

MSgt, USAF Ret
    Minuteman
  • May 1, 2020
    Bel Air, MD
    I own a Super Cal and a Cyke-Pod. The Atlas is definitely better for just being a tripod, the Cyke-Pod is definitely made for the PRS game for sure. It has definitely helped me shoot rooftop stages better. I have the Gray Ops clamp on my Atlas (robbed it off my Harris) it is definitely quicker than the knob on the Cyke-Pod.
    I originally got the 419 for my Atlas CAL, when I found out Gray Ops makes the lever clamp, I got one immediately. Way better than the using a knob. I have been holding off getting a Cyke-Pod because I couldn't find a flip lever clamp for one.

*ETA: I can't find the ARCA clamps on Gray Ops website, I know the Harris and Atlas versions have been available for a while, the one for the Cyke-Pod has to be pretty new.

Reactions: nikonNUT

ncyotecaller

Private
    Supporter
    Minuteman
    May 10, 2009
    McLeansville, NC
    I originally got the 419 for my Atlas CAL, when I found out Gray Ops makes the lever clamp, I got one immediately. Way better than the using a knob. I have been holding off getting a Cyke-Pod because I couldn't find a flip lever clamp for one.

*ETA: I can't find the ARCA clamps on Gray Ops website, I know the Harris and Atlas versions have been available for a while, the one for the Cyke-Pod has to be pretty new.
    B54FE642-2C5A-4F6D-8D4F-18F46F4A6C27.jpeg

Thump_rrr

Sergeant
    Minuteman
    Nov 6, 2011
    I have tried almost every major bipod on the market.
    Harris, Atlas, Ckye-Pod (MDT), and Accu-Tac.
    I find the Accu-Tac to be the best out of those 4 in both picatinny and ARCA.
    I’m using the Harris BRM-S with a pod lock on all my rimfire rifles and the Accu-Tac on all my center fire.
    00FD7740-B45B-4D49-AEFA-BEB17100E574.jpeg

4B16D78B-3AB1-4880-B3FE-D9D1D6E1CC28.jpeg

Last edited:

Cowpokey

MSgt, USAF Ret
    Minuteman
  • May 1, 2020
    Bel Air, MD
    What type of spigot mount is that? I’m looking for something to fit my Oryx chassis that is Mlok capable? Nice rig.
    It's an MPA spigot, specifically for their chassis. Held in place with two flat head countersink screws, I don't think it would work with MLOK slots.

As much stuff as there is for MLOK, surely there must be a spigot somewhere? Oryx doesn't make one? What about Area419, Gray Ops, or another aftermarket manufacturer?

Reactions: BamaBrad

BamaBrad

Private
    Minuteman
    May 28, 2014
    It's an MPA spigot, specifically for their chassis. Held in place with two flat head countersink screws, I don't think it would work with MLOK slots.

As much stuff as there is for MLOK, surely there must be a spigot somewhere? Oryx doesn't make one? What about Area419, Gray Ops, or another aftermarket manufacturer?
    Oryx does not but I will check the others you mentioned. KRG keeps popping up but unfortunately won’t work. Thanks for the information.

huntingskeetman

Private
    Minuteman
    Dec 1, 2018
    I finally got my VQ Summit build complete. It’s sporting a 22” Shilen 4 groove ratchet rifled barrel complete with PRX tuner, and a Kidd two-stage trigger (3oz/3oz). I’ve got it mounted in an MDT Oryx chassis. I’m currently running a Mueller 8-32 target dot scope on it but will most likely switch my Sightron 45ED scope over from my 10/22 Gun come spring. Took a little trial and error to get perfect bolt headspace/tension but now it’s spot on and grouping well for me. The groups posted were at 25yds my local range using Norma match, haven’t even touched my good SK rifle or Center X yet in it so I’m quite happy with its potential.

Attachments

• B20F9722-AA94-4B4E-B77E-D3D3D6F45C22.jpeg
      B20F9722-AA94-4B4E-B77E-D3D3D6F45C22.jpeg
      205.3 KB · Views: 88
    • ABF9B24B-A881-4EBE-82A9-5E0344AADD41.jpeg
      ABF9B24B-A881-4EBE-82A9-5E0344AADD41.jpeg
      994.5 KB · Views: 90

rimfire22lr

Sergeant of the Hide
    Minuteman
    Oct 24, 2018
    started a new build. this one will get a Samson B-TM stock. Not sure what red dot will go on it but the Outer Impact mounting plate I got for it is a keeper.

Attachments

• IMG_1140.jpg
      IMG_1140.jpg
      188.5 KB · Views: 56
    • IMG_1136.jpg
      IMG_1136.jpg
      562.3 KB · Views: 56
    • IMG_1134.jpg
      IMG_1134.jpg
      510.6 KB · Views: 56

flatland1

Sergeant
    Minuteman
    Jul 7, 2005
    Western Kansas
    Got on a classic sporter kick (with a lot of 'help' from a couple of 'friends' who kept sending me links to online auctions that I would probably have never known about otherwise), and wound up buying these three - from top to bottom: Browning marked 52C repro, Kimber 82B Super America, Cooper M36 Custom Classic. Photo doesn't do justice to the wood on the Cooper - it really 'pops' out in good light. The 52 was ANIB, without a mark or blem of any sort on it, but its bbl was full of lead fouling when I got it, and after spending a couple of hours getting all the leading out, then putting 65rds of a very good lot of SK Std+ through it, was found to be full of leading again, without a single decent 50yd group to show for it. Got on the horn to Krieger and made a deal with them to copy the contour of the OEM bbl +.050". While I was waiting for the new blank, I cleaned the bore - again - and then ran my EPS reamer into the original chamber, which did a nice job of cutting a nice smooth 2* leade in place of the rough chamber throat with smeared & steep leade angle. That stopped the leading, but it didn't shoot much better than it had before, so the Krieger is definitely going to replace it.
    The Kimber didn't shoot real well the 1st time I tried it, but after some pretty thorough cleaning, it fed quite a bit smoother, and shot several respectable groups.
    The Cooper hasn't been scoped or shot yet; trying to pick up another Leupold Vari-X II 6-18x40 for it, like the new/old stock one I mounted on the Kimber. The Cooper & Kimber are something special to me, with their custom actions, barrels, and beautiful wood, but the repro 52C is no slouch. Looking forward to getting some decent weather so I can find out if they shoot as nice as they look...

Attachments

• DSC_0336.JPG
      DSC_0336.JPG
      458.9 KB · Views: 70
    Last edited:

jbell

Gunny Sergeant
    Supporter
    Minuteman
    Supporter+
  • Jan 16, 2010
    Lewiston, ME
    Got on a classic sporter kick (with a lot of 'help' from a couple of 'friends' who kept sending me links to online auctions that I would probably have never known about otherwise), and wound up buying these three - from top to bottom: Browning marked 52C repro, Kimber 82B Super America, Cooper M36 Custom Classic. Photo doesn't do justice to the wood on the Cooper - it really 'pops' out in good light. The 52 was ANIB, without a mark or blem of any sort on it, but its bbl was full of lead fouling when I got it, and after spending a couple of hours getting all the leading out, then putting 65rds of a very good lot of SK Std+ through it, was found to be full of leading again, without a single decent 50yd group to show for it. Got on the horn to Krieger and made a deal with them to copy the contour of the OEM bbl +.050". While I was waiting for the new blank, I cleaned the bore - again - and then ran my EPS reamer into the original chamber, which did a nice job of cutting a nice smooth 2* leade in place of the rough chamber throat with smeared & steeo leade. That stopped the leading, but it didn't shoot much better than it had before, so the replacement Krieger is definately going to replace it.
    The Kimber didn't shoot real well the 1st time I tried it, but after some pretty thorough cleaning, it fed quite a bit smoother, and shot several respectable groups.
    The Cooper hasn't been scoped or shot yet; trying to pick up another Leupold Vari-X II 6-18x40 for it, like the new/old stock one I mounted on the Kimber. The Cooper & Kimber are something special to me, with their custom actions, barrels, and beautiful wood, but the repro 52C is no slouch. Looking forward to getting some decent weather so I can find out if they shoot as nice as they look...
    Those are some nice looking rifles you picked up. I especially like the Cooper, I have owned a few and they all shot very well!

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
    Supporter
    Minuteman
    Supporter+
  • Oct 6, 2019
    Somewhere in Arkansas
    Those are some nice looking rifles you picked up. I especially like the Cooper, I have owned a few and they all shot very well!
    Man! Y'all are a bad influence! Never even thought about looking at Cooper's and now all of the sudden I want a Jackson Squirrel! :LOL:

• Haha

Hawkeye59

Private
    Minuteman
    Dec 26, 2022
    Tacoma, WA
    I have been looking as you all can see, if u dont care lets see some pics of your rifles just to give me a better idea of what i am looking for. Not alot people around here are into this like I am. If u dont wont to showem I understand that to.
    I put this together with a 22" McGowen Precision Barrel
    I have been looking as you all can see, if u dont care lets see some pics of your rifles just to give me a better idea of what i am looking for. Not alot people around here are into this like I am. If u dont wont to showem I understand that to.
    I put this together with a McGowen Precision Barrel. Custom Kidd trigger, set into a Boyd's Stock. It loves CCI Standard Velocity. I've tried a lot of other high priced Ammo, but the CCI out shots them all. I have had 1" groups at 100yards, and so far my best shot was a headshot on a sage rat at a ranged 158 yards.

Attachments

• 20220830_110422.jpg
      20220830_110422.jpg
      604 KB · Views: 40

Hawkeye59

Private
    Minuteman
    Dec 26, 2022
    Tacoma, WA
    What's the deal with that mag? Is it a M1 Carbine replica floor plate on a ruger 10rd mag?
    The company "E Aurthur Brown" makes an attachment that fits on the Ruger magazine. I put this rifle together from spare parts, but then ended up tricking it out too. It's a fun accurate little rifle. It also has a floated barrel and is glass bedded in that stock.

Hawkeye59

Private
    Minuteman
    Dec 26, 2022
    Tacoma, WA
    Upgraded this Ruger M77 22 Long Rifle with a Shilin Barrel, and a Timney trigger kit. I've had it for 30 years or so but these up grades and the New Crimson Trace scope has made it a great little Varmint Gun. My brother, and I have been making a point to take the long shots at Varmints, and we may not hit as many buy hitting them out to 200yards is a lot of fun.
    With my bullet drop cheat sheet, and Nikon Range Finder we are having a lot of fun competing with each other.

Attachments

• 20220402_103908.jpg
      20220402_103908.jpg
      249.1 KB · Views: 25