• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rimfire Scope Mounts?

GTRH8R

Private
Minuteman
Aug 9, 2017
What scope mounts are you guys using for .22s? I have a new Athlon Ares to put on a new Ruger Precision. It’s my 1st .22 rifle since I was a kid with iron sights...I was just thinking the recoil is less severe that my 6.5s or .308s. So are there a specific rimfire mounts or should I use the same that I use on my larger caliber rifles?

Other than one Aero Precision mount ( to keep the total weight low) for a light weight 10/22, the last four I've bought for 22 rifles are Burris XTR Signature rings.

I got the xtr signature to get all the elevation I can out of my scope, the design would concern me on a centerfire but they seem like they would be perfect for rimfire I just got them a few weeks ago so can’t give you any feedback on them but that’s what I settled on

I have been using the Vortex Tactical rings on all my rimfire rifle. They are nice solid 6 bolt mounts and are about $40 for a set.

Using a spuhr
I've changed all my other to spuhr so I actually had a extra in the safe
Prob would have bought one anyway for piece of mind
Damn things are tanks

I don't have one specific ring style that I always prefer, it just depends on the set-up, but Burris Signatures are on more of my rimfires than anything else.