• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rimfire scope recommendations 2014?

littlepod

Minuteman
  • Oct 16, 2012
    Kirkland, WA
    instagram.com
    I just got my PWS T3 rifle and wanted to get a light rimfire scope for it. I see threads from 2011/2012 around BSA and some other inexpensive companies and I was wondering if there was any new recommendations now that it's 2 years later.

I'm looking to shoot 25-200 yards, and preferably a mil / mil reticle since all my other scopes are mil / mil. I also would need a set of rings for it, and not sure what quality would work best for the rimfire. I had a barska plinker .22 and I remember my friend was hand tightening it and the rings broke, so maybe something a little stronger than that :)

Is the weaver 3.5-10 a good buy still? Weaver Tactical Grand Slam Rifle Scope 3-10x 40mm 1/10 Mil Adjustments

Also I've been seeing sales on woot.com for the rapid reticle 3-9x, though not a mildot reticle, could prove useful since it has standard velocity BDC markers for windage and elevation.

Thanks.

I just got my PWS T3 rifle and wanted to get a light rimfire scope for it. I see threads from 2011/2012 around BSA and some other inexpensive companies and I was wondering if there was any new recommendations now that it's 2 years later.

I'm looking to shoot 25-200 yards, and preferably a mil / mil reticle since all my other scopes are mil / mil. I also would need a set of rings for it, and not sure what quality would work best for the rimfire. I had a barska plinker .22 and I remember my friend was hand tightening it and the rings broke, so maybe something a little stronger than that :)

Is the weaver 3.5-10 a good buy still? Weaver Tactical Grand Slam Rifle Scope 3-10x 40mm 1/10 Mil Adjustments

Also I've been seeing sales on woot.com for the rapid reticle 3-9x, though not a mildot reticle, could prove useful since it has standard velocity BDC markers for windage and elevation.

Thanks.

Hi,
    I'm using the Weaver GS 3x10x40 TAC and its great! It is also on sale now for the unbelivable price of $269 at Midway (I paid $300 for mine)

Attachments

• kkk1.JPG
      kkk1.JPG
      206.6 KB · Views: 12
    Primary arms scope looks like a pretty good value. Do they ever have sales? I never know if a better price is around the corner. Also how's the quality for the Primary Arms rings? They're pretty cheap at $40 for the pair vs $165 for nightforce set, or $120 for a seekins set.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Preferably you want whatever is closest to your main centerfire rifle. I assume you are using the rimfire to train...and if that is the case then I would buy an identical scope if at all possible to your centerfire rifle.

Primary arms scope looks like a pretty good value. Do they ever have sales? I never know if a better price is around the corner. Also how's the quality for the Primary Arms rings? They're pretty cheap at $40 for the pair vs $165 for nightforce set, or $120 for a seekins set.

Thanks for the suggestions.

I'm sure they have sales every now and again, but at $250 for a good scope, the sale is not going to matter that much. I have never used their rings, Leupold has always worked for me.

I recently bought the Bushnell Legend HD 4.5-14x44 for my CZ455 and it's extremely clear all the way to max magnification. It's very bright and easy to see impact out to 200 yards (the longest distance at my range). It comes with 100% money back guarantee so you can't lose. Wait for the Midway discount code for even lower pricing.

Bushnell Legend Ultra HD Rifle Scope 4.5-14x 44mm Mil-Dot Reticle

The adjustment turrets are under the caps and are resettable to zero.

Last edited:
    If you look at the specs, the Primary Arms and BSA Midway Tactical scope seem to be pretty much the same scope.

If you look at the specs, the Primary Arms and BSA Midway Tactical scope seem to be pretty much the same scope.
    Yup....also same as Falcon Menace 4-14x

I've been very happy with my Mueller APT, however I wish it were Mil/Mil

Last edited:
    I have the Primary Arms 4-14X44 ffp Mil/Mil scope with a set of Vortex 30mm Tactical low rings on a Marlin XT-22 and could not be happier with the combination. The scope is very clear and the rings are prefect for the low recoil of the .22. I have had this set up for almost two years now and have zero complaints and no issues so far.