• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rimfire technologies or EGW scope base

futurerider103

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 22, 2011
Springfield Mo
I'm building my 10/22 for out to 300yds and I'm not sure which I want. The EGW has 20MOA and the Rimfire technologies has 25 but you have to tsp the receiver holes bigger. The bar I choose is going to be silver because my gin is stainless and I'm putting a stainless 20in Kidd bull barrel on it.
What are your experiences with both.

I am unable to say for certain on your other choice. I did use other rails before going to EGW and stopped there. Many things came to focus and the rifle shoots very well.
I think the EGW is very well made and does not "distort" the receiver for my limited vocabulary if you will. Things went smoother when the EGW was used on my 10/22 and I have not ventured from that. If you are ordering from Kidd, be sure to order the little buffer (it is like $7.99) and a recoil guide rod and spring kit - these are inexpensive parts which work well! Good luck.

I've used EGW on a different long range build but on a .308 and it worked perfectly. I know to shoot long range .22 any additional moa can always help