• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rimfire Technologies?

19dsniper

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 25, 2010
Fort Hood Texas
Does anyone have any personal experience with this company? Barrels sound interesting, i have read enough on rimfirecentral and other sites to be interested.. Does anyone own one of their barrles? How are they? What kind of groups are you getting?

Re: Rimfire Technologies?

The RT barrels/triggers are good to go! but...loooong delays are common. We're talking MONTHS, and MONTHS. This is from my professional experience.

If you are looking for something somewhat quick, I would look at other similar companies. The rest of their items including rails, compensators, etc generally are in stock and ship same day as well as through dealers. The barrels/complete triggers however are a different story.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Rails are now seperately available, not sure how Skeeter's RT stuff is these days CS-wise.

Rails and other parts from HotRod9mm:
http://www.diproductsinc.com/ </div></div>

The DIP rails and accessories are for the Savage, Anschutz, CZ, etc. The RimfireTechnologies 10/22 rails, barrels, accessories are all still made and sold my RT.

Can't say about delays on product lately but I have a few of Gregs/rimfireTech custom trigger groups and I shoot one of the newer Quantum barrels along with Bolts/handles/spring . Products for me have been great . Good TG's and nice accurate Barrel also .

I have had many 10/22 custom builds with parts form other manufacturers to compare with also . but without looking back, I pretty much married myself to one ultimate 10/22 build for the last couple years & I have been not buying new parts lately . but His parts are what I chose to stick with the last few years .

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: softcock</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can't say about delays on product lately but I have a few of Gregs/rimfireTech custom trigger groups and I shoot one of the newer Quantum barrels along with Bolts/handles/spring . Products for me have been great . Good TG's and nice accurate Barrel also .

I have had many 10/22 custom builds with parts form other manufacturers to compare with also . but without looking back, I pretty much married myself to one ultimate 10/22 build for the last couple years & I have been not buying new parts lately . but His parts are what I chose to stick with the last few years .
. </div></div>

I'm a stocking dealer and after 6 months of waiting on full trigger assemblies and barrels I canceled my order...I don't think the average consumer would have as much "bugging power" as me either, so...

The stuff is great, but timeline is lacking for the average consumer.

They are super popular on rimfirecentral. I don't really know why considering all of the Kidd products are superior.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: boomfab</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They are super popular on rimfirecentral. I don't really know why considering all of the Kidd products are superior ? </div></div>
<span style="font-weight: bold">Because If everyone was alike and had the same tastes. There would only be one brand of beer to buy at the Piggly Wiggly .</span>

I bought a 10/22 bedding kit from them. Had a question about installing it because there were a few typos in the directions, so I emailed several times and never got a response.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Rails and other parts from HotRod9mm:
http://www.diproductsinc.com/ </div></div>

Been considering one of these 25 moa rails over the EGW for my new Savage trainer. Also seen the cheek rests that have a good price. Anyone have any experience with these?

I have one of the DIP 25moa rails on my newer 93TR and it works and looks great. It went on nice and snug and is holding so far with a Falcon 4-16. One thing I noticed was that the rail is quite a bit higher than the factory 2 piece bases so if you have certain rings you might want to get lower ones.

I got one of those kits too. When i had questions i PM'd Greg on Rimfire central and got responses right away.

Remfire Technologies or KID for a Barrel? I am leaning towards KID just because i know it to be an excellent barrel and i dont think i would have any issue with it at all.. opinions?

I'll tell you you can't go wrong with a KIDD barrel... here are some cherry picked targets at 50 yards with a KIDD 20" match on my 10/22:

2723164004_large.jpg

PS... the top two targets are 10 shots.

KID uses Lothar Walther rifled blanks for their barrels. They are absolutely top quality. Right now they are on sale for $175 on the KID website.

It looks like Rimfire Technologies sells reworked Ruger factory barrels and aluminum sleeved barrels. Aluminum sleeved barrels are great if you're trying for a super-light build but they're expensive and I can't see a good aluminum sleeved barrel being more accurate than a good steel barrel.

Some typical 10 shot groups shot with my KID barreled 10/22 outdoors at 100 yards using Wolf Match Extra:

ontarget2.jpg

ontarget1.jpg

^^ Great shooting! Dang!

My KIDD isn't the best at 100 with the ammo I use (Eley Club) and I generally relegate the 100 yard shooting to my 40XB.

KID barrels are on sale this month @$175.
This is a .920" bull based on a Lothar Walther blank, with a proprietary chamber.
Equalled by Jim Clark's LW based barrels, and Volquartsen's barrels, but you'll need to double the money to beat a KID.

Yes, I have personal experience with RT. I have bought trigger parts, bolts, v-blocks and other misc parts from RT. They have always provided good service. Once when they messed up an order they sent a prompt replacement plus some free parts. Good folks in my book. I have not tried their barrels.

^^ In all fairness based on the above... I also have bought parts from RT and as silver78 mentioned, I did have good service. But, still doesn't change the fact that the KIDD barrels are fantastic and I would take one over the RT 100x out of 100.

I have a Kidd and a RT, the RT has a chamber that does not allow reliable function, I put a stock ruger barrel back on and the RT is in a drawer

If you decide to get sell your RT barrel shoot me a PM, I've considered buying one but haven't gotten to it yet.

I like the RT Quantum 12" barrel & it is a good shooter with consistent grouping. I been shooting it for a couple years. Mine works 100% in my build.
The Kidd barrels are Accurate also & are tight grouping when dialed-in . Was a nice barrel.
also No doubt for me, I think one of the most accurate barrel I ever had was the VQ carbon tension . That thing has always stuck in my mind as a Keeper that I should have never sold to a good friend.
I have also had a good luck with the Whistle Pig, aluminum sleeved, CM bore barrel . It was real accurate 10/22 barrel also when dialed-in . I got it to to shoot '4 consecutive', 5-round groups @ Minus .25 inch @ 25 yards .
It does not sound hard & People scoff when they hear shooting @ .22 rimfire 25 yard . but guarantee you it is harder than it sound to do (4 in a row), 5-rounds in minis 1/4" on a piece of paper .

RT & Greg have always been good to me. That guy has treated me like family since I met him. Taken care of a lot of fine tuning on some of my rimfire custom needs .
This year, I know that him and bob have are not working together on the same website anymore & I wish the best of luck to both of them. Both guys are pretty nice. They both luv the rimfires and all aspects of tricking them out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 19dsniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Remfire Technologies or KID for a Barrel? I am leaning towards KID just because i know it to be an excellent barrel and i dont think i would have any issue with it at all.. opinions?
</div></div>
I recommend the Kidd barrel. The group below was shot using Winchester Super-X 40gr. This is a typical group from my MOA 10/22 (not cherry-picked), but I did try to "time" the shots to minimize wind drift as this group was shot in light, variable wind. The last four shots were actually fired quickly when the wind died (I tried to empty the magazine before the wind started up again), but opened up the group. Bipod & rear bag were used.

<span style="font-weight: bold">10-shot, 100 yard group shot with my customized MOA 10/22 (threaded Kidd barrel):</span>
MOA1022100YardGroupCU8x6.jpg

The scope used was a Leupold Vari-X III 4.5-14X 40mm A.O. in Leupold PRW LOWs' on top of a Tactical Solutions 15 MOA base. As can be seen from the target, the Leupold ran out of "DOWN". To resolve that I switched to a 20 MOA EGW base and a Falcon 4-14X 40mm. I like the extra adjustment and FFP of the Falcon but I miss the Leupold's clarity.

Keith

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JoeBobOutfitters</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The RT barrels/triggers are good to go! but...loooong delays are common. We're talking MONTHS, and MONTHS. This is from my professional experience.

If you are looking for something somewhat quick, I would look at other similar companies. The rest of their items including rails, compensators, etc generally are in stock and ship same day as well as through dealers. The barrels/complete triggers however are a different story. </div></div>

Yeah it sucks I was going to be a joebob customer finally, and the RT scope mounts were out of stock....

So I went to RT and PAID WAY MORE than Joebob's price, and now I get to hope it's in stock at RT and they supply it, because I have a KIDD barrel I need to try out.