• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Feedback RimX 17 wsm

Surdez1994

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Dec 24, 2021
Kansas
In the market for a zermatt RimX 17 wsm. Action or barreled action.

My savage b mag stainless bull barrel just isn't consistent. I think this cartridge could be a sweet shooter but the factory offerings are slim to none other the the ruger m77/17 but they are north of 1500. Might as well build a custom at that point to match my other long range rifles.

Any input is greatly appreciated!

I have a cert available for an action if interested. Good luck with search.

Reactions: Surdez1994
I suggest you try to find ammo first, unless you have a stock pile...l was going to build one. Ammo was stupid hard to find and cost more than 223.

Reactions: Basher
Until the .17WSM shows signs of life from a few manufacturers (both action/rifle and ammo), you’d honestly be better off either sticking with a .17HMR or switching to one of the centerfires if you really want a .17 that bad. That’s what I did, but then again, I’ve always wanted a .17 so it didn’t take much convincing for me lol. Maybe in time the market will settle and the WSM will have a chance, but for now I see ammo availability being a severely limiting factor.

Reactions: Aescobar17
I built a WSM off a RimX for my boy, and I absolutely love it. However I built up a fat stash of ammo before I committed to the build.

I’d look at Front Range Precision for the action. He’ll have to order it, but he’s great to deal with and his prices are better than I’ve found anywhere else if you message or call them. As far as barrels go you’ve got two options. TS Customs or a Lothar Walther prefit. Last week Optics Planet (yeah I know) actually hd them in stock and on sale. $379 shipped, which is considerably cheaper than I’ve seen them elsewhere. My buddy ordered one, and it shipped the next day. Typically I don’t trust optics planet availability quotes. The barrels hammer though from everything I’ve read about them online and my 1 example I have.