• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

RimX by Zermatt ( Bighorn) arms

BigdaddyWSM

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Apr 15, 2018
Mobridge, South Dakota
I see they have come out with a switch bolt head rimfire action out now. has anyone here tried one yet? I know they will probably be looked over good at Shot Show.

I know the TL3, Origin, Bighorn arms actions are top notch, It looks like it will be another great Rem footprint .22 action to start an NRL22 rifle build on.

Attachments

• rimx.jpg
    rimx.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 44
I had an early version for testing.
Very nicely done! Machining second to none. 6:00 firing pin. Very well thought out. Some cool features not found elsewhere.

Attachments

• 20191119_144105.jpg
    20191119_144105.jpg
    521.5 KB · Views: 67
  • 20191119_144117.jpg
    20191119_144117.jpg
    636.1 KB · Views: 73
  • 20191120_104546.jpg
    20191120_104546.jpg
    298.9 KB · Views: 69
Reactions: BigdaddyWSM
They aren't available to the public yet.

A few guys with connections have them, though.

There is another thread already started with lots of info.

I had an early version for testing.
Very nicely done! Machining second to none. 6:00 firing pin. Very well thought out. Some cool features not found elsewhere.
Curiosity question... When you had one for testing, did you happen to do amy chronograph testing with it? I'm specifically wondering if the 6 o'clock firing pin helped es or sd of your ammo.

Good question. I didn't. I should have though to compare to my Vudoo and the known ammo for it.

I see they have come out with a switch bolt head rimfire action out now. has anyone here tried one yet? I know they will probably be looked over good at Shot Show.

I know the TL3, Origin, Bighorn arms actions are top notch, It looks like it will be another great Rem footprint .22 action to start an NRL22 rifle build on.
They are donating a few certs to the NRL22 North Central Regional Championship Match in MN on May 3rd. I'm pretty stoked about that!

Reactions: BigdaddyWSM