• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

RimX??

Madarcher419

Private
Minuteman
Aug 8, 2017
I am leaning towards a pdc chassis, but I am still thinking about a manners stock. What bottom metal is best for the rimX? What are the pros and cons of a chassis? Never owned one or shot one for that matter.

For the barrel I am thinking about going with keystone accuracy for a prefit barrel. I’ve been watching the primal rights videos, but I don’t see where they sell prefit. Can you recommend any other prefits?

This will answer most of your questions. Lots of good reading in this thread

The chassis question would best be answered in another forum. I remember seeing a thread about PDC somewhere but where escapes me at the moment.

I run a PDC chassis with my RimX. I started out with mine in a Manners stock but switched to the PDC. Too me the PDC is the best fit for shooting matches. As far as prefits my first barrel was a 18” from Keystone and had absolutely no complaints about it.
C46C8920-8968-4970-A485-F31319038BB8.jpeg
4AF842EF-9FAF-4283-BA83-BAB8671F9B94.jpeg

Reactions: Schütze
Hello Doc,

Do you also own a Vudoo? If so, how do they compare.
What's up with the lower photo, I mean the barrel, it looks lie it must be 1.25" diameter. Is it shrouded?

Shawn

RimX, TSCustom, exemplary build, I'm using Surgeon Bottom metal. Flawless feeding and extraction.
I had all my components and ended up going with TS Custom (Only build where I would not change anything) Looking back I could have saved some time buying a rifle from PrimalRights. Getting the right gunsmith is paramount.
Give them a call if you want a prefit or just pull the trigger on the best 22 money can buy
IMG_0048.jpeg

Hello Doc,

Do you also own a Vudoo? If so, how do they compare.
What's up with the lower photo, I mean the barrel, it looks lie it must be 1.25" diameter. Is it shrouded?

Shawn
No Shawn no Vudoo and yes the barrel is a 1.25 straight @ 22” . Gun weighs 19.6lbs with the internal chassis weights.

I run a PDC chassis with my RimX. I started out with mine in a Manners stock but switched to the PDC. Too me the PDC is the best fit for shooting matches. As far as prefits my first barrel was a 18” from Keystone and had absolutely no complaints about it. View attachment 7705238
What I would be mostly interested in, how is this mag fit in this chassis? How much side to side play (wiggle)? Do you have to „shim“ it? Thank you, Tor
View attachment 7705239

It has a little side to side play, I added one strip of tape to the front of my mags to help tighten it up a bit. Have not had any issues in the last year running it in matches.

Reactions: Schütze
Dr...
What kind of tape? PTFE, UHMW or other ? They have good strong acrylic adhesive. I also have silicon and rubber adhesive tapes but they
are thicker over all. I use tapes and sheets on things from guns to wood working tools. It can be gotten in thicknesses from .003" and
up. It has the advantage of being super slick too.
I just checked a piece and it appears as though the adhesive is about .002" and the thickness advertised includes the adhesive. My .011" is
running .001" over. The adhesive will come off with lacquer thinner and I have not found that to cause problems with most metals
and plastics. Acetone is more aggressive and will melt some plastics. Lac didn't hurt my Vudoo mags or my B14R finish.

I meant to send you these two photos.... The first is a HW piston and in the slot you can make outside layer of the stainless steel baffle.
The second photo shows the baffle prior to insertion. The inside of the sheet has PTFE attached to it. The small diamonds allow the
sheet to roll and are turned inwards so that the top hat can retain the assembly. The baffle keeps the Krytox grease from migrating into the compression chamber which in turn would cause dieseling.

Shawn

It has a little side to side play, I added one strip of tape to the front of my mags to help tighten it up a bit. Have not had any issues in the last year running it in matches." and up.

Attachments

• 20210903_153808.jpg
    20210903_153808.jpg
    318.5 KB · Views: 72
  • 20210903_153022.jpg
    20210903_153022.jpg
    227 KB · Views: 61
  • 20210718_133539.jpg
    20210718_133539.jpg
    475 KB · Views: 62
Dr...
What kind of tape? PTFE, UHMW or other ? They have good strong acrylic adhesive. I also have silicon and rubber adhesive tapes but they
are thicker over all. I use tapes and sheets on things from guns to wood working tools. It can be gotten in thicknesses from .003" and
up. It has the advantage of being super slick too.
I just checked a piece and it appears as though the adhesive is about .002" and the thickness advertised includes the adhesive. My .011" is
running .001" over. The adhesive will come off with lacquer thinner and I have not found that to cause problems with most metals
and plastics. Acetone is more aggressive and will melt some plastics. Lac didn't hurt my Vudoo mags or my B14R finish.

I meant to send you these two photos.... The first is a HW piston and in the slot you can make outside layer of the stainless steel baffle.
The second photo shows the baffle prior to insertion. The inside of the sheet has PTFE attached to it. The small diamonds allow the
sheet to roll and are turned inwards so that the top hat can retain the assembly. The baffle keeps the Krytox grease from migrating into the compression chamber which in turn would cause dieseling.

Shawn
I put one layer of gorilla tape on the front of the mag. I tried 2 layers at first but that made it too tight. So far it’s working pretty good.

I need to get me a parallax wheel like that before I start shooting air gun field matches.

Not to totally derail the topic but Shawn is an air gun tuning guru. Many thanks friend for the work you did for me.

The thing with the RimX is it really does not matter the bottom metal. You will tune the mag to the action with bottom metal in place. If you swap to a chassis you will tune the mag again. This is the beauty of the mag catch on the back of the magazine. I went from an ARC XYLO to an MDT ACC and just a minor adjustment later 5-10 min total for 4 magazines and all is great.

I own a Vudoo and RimX and the RimX action out of the box is way smoother than my Gen 2 Vudoo. I should get to try a new 360 in the next couple of weeks to see that difference.

First picture is the RimX in the XYLO. Second picture is the ACC.
tempImageTwK1Rs.pngtempImageMn9vPT.png

No Shawn no Vudoo and yes the barrel is a 1.25 straight @ 22” . Gun weighs 19.6lbs with the internal chassis weights.
Where could I purchase a barrel in your specs and what chamber do you have in it? Cerakoted black to match the action? Really like your approach, I’m sure it’s well balanced and no weights needed.