• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Ring and Base Torque Wrench?

Re: Ring and Base Torque Wrench?

scott at liberty optics has seekonk preset 15 and 65 in-lb t wrenches. They are great.

it's not t handle, but the "Wheeler FAT Wrench" is a good buy.... bought one for my guns, but use it on all types projects around the shop/garage..... worth consideration

I recently picked up a "Fat" wrench. Used to just use common sense and what felt right. Now I know I have uniformity and the torque is correct. Fat wrench is great.
myerfire

the fat seems more logical as its adjustable. plus in other posts people have mentioned sears has a $40 craftsman adjustable inch-pound and harbor freight has a $20 unit as well. not saying either is all that, just saying they exist.

id go with the Seekonk from Scott @ Liberty Optics, they are a great tool for this purpose.

Love my seekonks. They are sturdy as a tank and work great. I haven't left a ring mark on my scopes since I started using them earlier this year.

the harbor freight $20 version (or the like)is shit and not to be used unless you like breaking things. it might work fine for you and it might not work about 1/10 times.... That's too much risk in my opinion. Mine ended up in the trash after ruining a NIB set of rings. bad day.

i havent used either, dont worry. i wonder if anyone has tried the craftsman? also ewoaf, why didnt you just return them? my harbor freight is very liberal on return as long as you save the receipt. not sure what the seekonks run, but if they are more than the FAT wrench, id get the FAT. one tool -vs- two is better in my book

the only thing with the FAT wrench is that its a "guesstimate" the Seekonks are certified correct 15 or 65 inch lbs. They are a little spendy thought. Little over 100 bucks for the 15&65 in lbs set

What I like about the Fat Wrench is #1 it's price and #2 it's accuracy, I've had two checked and they both were right on.