• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

ring height help????

sch2046

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 19, 2011
Sunbury, OH
I have a uso with a 30 mm tube and a 58 mm objective. I am getting my new 260 from Short Action Customs with Marks Alpha II action, made by Defiance. How do I figure out the ring height I need? I dont wont have the rifle for a couple of days but want to order the rings to mount the scope asap.
Thanks,
Sean

Re: ring height help????

Just a thought, but if it were me, I would first ask the gun builder for his suggestion.

Re: ring height help????

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JCH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Seekins has a calculator to tell you what you need. </div></div>
Thanks for the help, I will check seekins site. Midway had one too but it measured to the bottom of the ring, most manufacturers measure to the middle of the ring, so I did the math but want to make sure I did it correctly. MM to inches that is.
thanks again.