• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ring height

Cmh259

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 5, 2020
I have a Savage 10 with a heavy Varmint barrel contour that I just threw in a XLR Element and now I feel like my ring height is to low with the cheek rest all the way down. I’m running Hawkins Ultra Light Tactical rings in the Medium (1.0”) height. This is a 34mm tube in the Bushnell XRS2, wondering if anyone is running a similar setup and what height rings you all would recommend. Thanks in advance and Merry Christmas!

I like my mdt elite "high" on every chassis they've been on. Of course High for these rings is 1.25". The mediums are 1". If you shoot prone, make sure you don't get too high with em.

I went through this too. My 3 chassis rifles have 1.4 - 1.5“ high mounts / rings now. Feels more comfortable and for me most importantly, let’s me keep my head straight shooting prone. Do not fall for this old bs of „as close as possible to the barrel“ , its garbage and creates neck pain.

I agree with what your saying, I was seeing what others maybe running to get an idea of what height may be good. I was thinking 1.25”ish since I have the availability of the cheek riser on the chassis. I’m new to the chassis thing so not sure which route to go…

I went through this too. My 3 chassis rifles have 1.4 - 1.5“ high mounts / rings now. Feels more comfortable and for me most importantly, let’s me keep my head straight shooting prone. Do not fall for this old bs of „as close as possible to the barrel“ , its garbage and creates neck pain.
I don’t mind lower rings on my hunting rifles, but don’t have a cheek riser on any of those rifles either. I had this BA in a stock with an added cheek riser and was able to get a comfortable cheek weld, just wanted to jump in the chassis game so I go with Aics mags with hope of trying a match or two this coming year.