• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ring size for Sako Quad and NF

michshot

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 6, 2010
IOWA
I am thinking of a NF 50mm objective for my quad with a lilja barrel and was hoping someone had this combo and could tell me what size rings had worked for them.

Re: Ring size for Sako Quad and NF

Rail or no rail, 20MOA or flat, and what make of rail, do you want to use covers or not too worried about it?

DIP Flat rail. not too worried about covers.

Wish I could help answer, but I'll be in the same boat as you shortly but I thought I would help clearify your question so the answer will be the right one. I know there are a couple guys on here with that set up or pretty close to it.

On my Quad Trainer, I have a US Optics base (20moa) with low 30mm Seekins Rings running a 4-16x50 Nikon Tactical on a Manners T-4 stock. It works out perfect for me. Another option is an AI scope mount.

Check with hide member Vu. I believe he was running a Nightforce on his at one time.

I would have measured but I don't have the rail in hand yet and if I had them on order at the same time I wouldn't have to wait as long to set this thing up.

I will measure when I get the rail and then just order the right rings and wait a little longer...

I used a NF F1 with NF Low's on my quad. Everything cleared I only had to cut the bikini front cap. I also have the USO 20MOA base.

Only pick I have.
sakonf.JPG

I swapped rings until the cows came home....DIP flat base and ended up with NF UL medium 30mm rings 1.00" tall.
The Badger standard height alloy rings worked with the stock barrel but not the new Rock barrel.
The scope is a Leupold 3.5-10 EFR with a 50mm objective.

I will try to get some photos up in the next day or two with the new Rock barrel.
I have been seasoning the barrel on whistle pigs
grin.gif

Pat

I just switched to the 20 MOA DIP base and the 50mm Leupold scope fits but just barely with the Night Force Ultralite medium (1" tall) 30mm rings.
20 MOA Base
http://www.diproductsinc.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=112025&CAT=3601
Nightforce Rings
http://longrangesupply.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=136
Leupold scope (sort of)
http://www.auctionarms.com/closed/displayitem.cfm?itemnum=3712173.0

P1030147.jpg

P1030148.jpg

P1030149.jpg

Sorry,
I didn't get photos before switching to the 20 MOA DI Products scope base.

Pat

Mt. Goat, how is the Rock barrel turning out for you?

The whistle pigs hate it
grin.gif

I have yet to put it on paper. When I went out Saturday the target never went up as the ground squirrels were out so used movers for targets
laugh.gif

I am having issues with 10 round magazines but believe that it is a magazine issue and NOT barrel related.

The barrel seems to be settling in quite well after 200 to 300 rounds.

Pat

I really haven't heard of anyone that has had much luck with the ten rounders

One post had to polish the feed lips and see what happens.

I was thinking of doubling up the spring to see if perhaps working with Wolff on a replacement extra power magazine spring???

Pat