• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rings for XLR chassis

Jbaker29649

Private
Minuteman
Sep 29, 2017
I just purchased a XLR carbon chassis for a Remington 700. What scope rings/mounts are you guys using with this. The scope has a 50mm objective. I've been leaning towards the American defense mounts only because I am not a huge fan of the really high rings. Is there any other options anybody could recommend.

I use Badger or Mark IV rings. My scopes are 56mm and the 1.36" rings work perfect. I think 1.25"-1.36" would get the job done. ADM mounts come in different heights, but are commonly 1.5" for AR type platforms, this may be a little high. I would go with a traditional ring for simplicity and durability. If you really have to have a one-piece mount, Near Mfg is the best you can buy.

Edit: Almost forgot that XLR now make rings. They are truly top-notch with service and it might be easiest and most affordable to contact them and get some XLR rings :)

Only thing I never liked on a XLR Evolution chassis is they need tall rings to clear the nut that holds the fore end in place.
You will probably need high or extra high rings. Kyle at XLR could likely get you going quickly with his new line of rings.

I have a Steiner Military 4-16x50 scope and I use ARC M10 high (1.26") rings on my XLR Carbon chassis with a R700 action. I have enough clearance to add scope caps and leave a small gap remaining between the handguard and the scope.

Here's an older pic, but you get the idea:

UpDaqDKl.jpg

I have a set of vortex high rings that are perfect to clear a 50mm objective, I used them on my XLR before I sold them. LMK If you're interested.

ulT0Apq.jpg

I ran some of XLR's medium 30mm rings with a 42mm objective, but they should clear a 50mm ok. Look up the equation on XLR's website and punch in your numbers.