• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rings/Rail

Chiller

Minuteman
  • Dec 18, 2008
    Sole resident of Mt. Crumpit.
    Trying to determine what rings would work best for the REPR. I am inclined to look at the Badger Riser Rail (22MOA) in conjunction with a set of Seekins rings. Have looked at the LaRue and for whatever reason a good share of their products are flat base. I will be using it in conjunction with a Premier Scope. The question would be do I need the riser rail with the cant built in to get to 800-1000 yards? What other options am I not seeing?

Input as always would be appreciated.

Re: Rings/Rail

You don't need the cant built in, the Premier should get there with some Badger high rings.

If you want cant, the Larue 50bmg scope mount has it as well as the Desert Tactical Arms scope mounts. I would use the Badger riser unless you have to, just one more in-between piece to come loose.

These might be high enough. Which Premier you using?
    http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1677571#Post1677571

Chiller,
    With the PR 3-15 you will not need a riser or inclined base to get to 800-1000.
    The Badger High rings are necessary for both adequate clearance for the objective and to raise the eye piece enough to allow for a decent cheek weld.

I know you said you looked at Larue, but the LT-158 has 10MOA built in...and the 1 piece QD is a nice feature.