• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

RIP Stephen Hawking

I'm sure he has his wings, a large welcome was waiting for him. I will miss his theories on everything he felt was relevant. He held the same position as Sir Issac Newton not too bad.

To be in that condition and make the contributions he has, speaks for his courage, integrity, and resourcefulness! A great man. RIP Mr. Hawking.

I agree with his fighting through his condition, but A lot of his 'Theroies' were just that IMHO. Often it sounded like he was just throwing stuff out there. He should have a better insight now. RIP.

Reactions: Bender
Hawking should have the answer for the Theory of Everything now.
RIP

R
I dunno, here is his thoughts on the afterlife: "I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven or afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark." -Stephen Hawking

Still an absolutely brilliant man.

I dunno, here is his thoughts on the afterlife: "I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven or afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark." -Stephen Hawking

Still an absolutely brilliant man.
Well Stephen knows if the above is true or not now.
If he believed and followed "Nature" he would have been culled...

R

Reactions: TXBO
Only thing he ever said that I understood was that we shouldn't be trying to contact alien life with our general radio transmissions into deep space because expecting them to be friendly kind of goes against every historical record of when cultures have collided.

Only thing he ever said that I understood was that we shouldn't be trying to contact alien life with our general radio transmissions into deep space because expecting them to be friendly kind of goes against every historical record of when cultures have collided.
While this is probably true he only has reference to human culture.
I see ET as equally possible to benevolent or violent.

R

Well Stephen knows if the above is true or not now.
If he believed and followed "Nature" he would have been culled...

R

He is lucky he grew up pre-behavioral drugs.

Im guessing he exhibited some tendencies that might have put him on an autism scale and some doc would have medicated the brilliance out of him.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rthur

R
But, but, but, theres Klingon's out there!!!:eek:

R
The same thing was probably thought by every indigenous species that welcomed a ship to their shore.

The same thing was probably thought by every indigenous species that welcomed a ship to their shore.

At least the indigenous cultures were smart enough to keep from throwing coconuts into the water with messages inviting the invader.

and not many indigenous cultures "welcomed" those ships.

Usually they brought out their most high tech spears and bows, (perhaps 2nd Gen projectile arms) to repel the invader and were introduced to 4th or 5th gen projectile arms.

He was one of the few working to protect this Earth from the terrible effects of AI. I hope someone worthy will fill his place.

The problem I think with Aliens would be, they may come in somewhat peace &/or to explore, find new places for trade and allies etc, however we'd probably wind up starting a war with them, probably about when they land and the government either attacks them or kidnaps / tortures them or when somebody blows up a ship / kills one of them etc.

I assume the smart ones may wait till we finally get off our little rock and start going out to find people in deep space, probably better chances for peaceful meetings there.

Then you might meet the killer AI robots who just want to extinguish all organic life & that could be good / bad depending on how fast we progress in technology to fight them.

The problem I think with Aliens would be, they may come in somewhat peace &/or to explore, find new places for trade and allies etc, however we'd probably wind up starting a war with them, probably about when they land and the government either attacks them or kidnaps / tortures them or when somebody blows up a ship / kills one of them etc.

I assume the smart ones may wait till we finally get off our little rock and start going out to find people in deep space, probably better chances for peaceful meetings there.

Then you might meet the killer AI robots who just want to extinguish all organic life & that could be good / bad depending on how fast we progress in technology to fight them.

They will probably lose their shit when Feinstein demands they disarm.

A lot might depend also on who is in charge, the problem is that most likely given our current state, it would be the worst possible leaders.

Science Fiction tends to show both ideas.
For example: Forge of God / Anvil of Stars -- how we are and how much of a stupid mess we would make of things
For example: Starship Troopers -- how we should be if we wanted to progress out into space

It'd be pretty cool if someone on this board was familiar with UN/otherwise protocols for handling alien arrivals and could share =)

What an incredible mind trapped within a withered human form. Light Speed Dr. Hawking........

1521044653753.png

Reactions: Bender
Sad but at least now he's free. Maybe able to actually learn there is an afterlife and its not the multiverse.

I'm not a religious person and I don't say that as a boast, it's a fault.........but anyway

When my kids ask about God and Heaven I answer there has to be something.

Scientists think they have it all figured out and everything is either in the Periodic Table or it isn't and Newton determined the forces of nature a long time ago.

So how come they can't create "the Divine spark".

We can take something live and make more life in a Petri dish but we can't make life when there is none to grow from.

Too me that indicates a Greater power.

And as we can not make life we can not destory life.

Sure we can destroy the vessel but where does the "Divine Spark" go?

I can't answer that but it doesn't extinguish. It came from somewhere therefore it follows it must go somewhere.

Make me a live human from raw elements, not grown from living seed. If you don't believe in a Higher being life is a mere chemical reaction. We can break the composition of the human body down to its exact elements and ratios so it should be a simple matter to kitchen manufacture a human being for the all knowing scientist.

Why haven't they done it?

Last edited:
Reactions: mtrmn and Bender
I'm not a religious person and I don't say that as a boast, it's a fault.........but anyway

Scientists think they have it all figured out and everything is either in the Periodic Table or it isn't and Newton determined the forces of nature a long time ago.

We can take something live and make more life in a Petri dish but we can't make life when there is none to grow from.

I can't answer that but it doesn't extinguish, it goes somewhere.

Make me a live human from raw elements with no life and I'll think otherwise perhaps.

There is religion, and there is Truth. The former does not insure the latter. Ther are hundreds if not thousands of religions but only one Truth. You pursue the latter, which in my humble, philosophic, opinion, is the better.

I know for a fact that the consciousness continues after the vessel is done. Ive had personal contact. Not often, and its not something I can make happen but the few times it has it was so clear and perfect there was no questionof "Did I imagine this?" Sometimes you just know.

Reactions: jrassy and Bender

I can't answer that but it doesn't extinguish. It came from somewhere therefore it follows it must go somewhere.

Make me a live human from raw elements, not grown from living seed. If you don't believe in a Higher being life is a mere chemical reaction. We can break the composition of the human body down to its exact elements and ratios so it should be a simple matter to kitchen manufacture a human being for the all knowing scientist.

Why haven't they done it?
See Pascal's wager...

R

I think Hubris stops many scientists from accepting a creator. That’s why I like Kaku. That guy gets it.

Not to diminish Hawking.

See Pascal's wager...

R

I dealt with this years ago. I came to the conclusion that it matters not whether god exists or not. What counts is how I live. If I live righteously (Treating others as I wish to be treated) then if there is a god, Im covered, and if not Ive done the right thing and virtue is its own reward.

I dealt with this years ago. I came to the conclusion that it matters not whether god exists or not. What counts is how I live. If I live righteously (Treating others as I wish to be treated) then if there is a god, Im covered, and if not Ive done the right thing and virtue is its own reward.

All legitimate religion boils down to the Golden Rule

Reactions: Maggot
Outside the Pearly Gates God noticed Stephen Hawking and asked, "what brings you here"? Perplexed, Stephen Hawking did not respond...