• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

RIP usmcMT

lmc8541

Private
Minuteman
Jan 30, 2010
East Texas
just to let everyone know that MGySgt Preston Self USMC Ret. died Tuesday morning Nov. 15th from an in-operable brain tumor that he fought off for almost a year. I lost a good friend and fellow Marine that will be dearly missed. Now, I know that not everyone here feels that way about him. for the most part he was an insulting, insufferable bastard and those were his words, but he was a wealth of knowledge in firearms, military history, shooting and a damn good "spotter". He is survived by his wife and 2 daughters, as well as a host of Marine Brothers. Rest in Peace, TOP. 1960-2011
DSCF2299.jpg

Re: RIP usmcMT

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lmc8541</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Now, I know that not everyone here feels that way about him. for the most part he was an insulting, insufferable bastard and those were his words, but he was a wealth of knowledge in firearms, military history, shooting and a damn good "spotter".</div></div>

I'd rather get the truth from someone than a stream of bullshit, for sure. It sounds like he fought his last battle on the same terms that he lived his life. In God's time we'll all be on the same line again. RIP.

Sorry to hear the bad news. RIP Marine.

I'm saddened to read this.

May he rest in peace, comforted in the knowledge that no better friends could be found to look after his family and remember him.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lmc8541</div><div class="ubbcode-body">for the most part he was an insulting, insufferable bastard and those were his words, but he was a wealth of knowledge in firearms, military history, shooting and a damn good "spotter". He is survived by his wife and 2 daughters, as well as a host of Marine Brothers. Rest in Peace, TOP. 1960-2011
</div></div>
Same age as me, and from the description sounds like a fellow Marine who I would like to party with. In fact, I very well may have. My memories of Olongapo and Pattaya, and lots of other places, are kinda hazy with good reason, but we served the same time then.
Walking proud and talking loud is the way most marines do it, and won't suffer fools. I bet we would have got along fine.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Donttrytorun</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lmc8541</div><div class="ubbcode-body">for the most part he was an insulting, insufferable bastard and those were his words, but he was a wealth of knowledge in firearms, military history, shooting and a damn good "spotter". He is survived by his wife and 2 daughters, as well as a host of Marine Brothers. Rest in Peace, TOP. 1960-2011
</div></div>
Same age as me, and from the description sounds like a fellow Marine who I would like to party with. In fact, I very well may have. My memories of Olongapo and Pattaya, and lots of other places, are kinda hazy with good reason, but we served the same time then.
Walking proud and talking loud is the way most marines do it, and won't suffer fools. I bet we would have got along fine. </div></div>

enlisted in '78 retired in '98. damn sure chewed some of the same ground! hell of a Marine! thanks for the words! Semper Fi