• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater Rise of the Guardians

TOP PREDATOR

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 19, 2008
SCRANTON AREA PENNSYLVANIA
seen this last night, can't wait for a sequel.

almost cheering in the aisle, sort of an "Expendables" meets "the Wizard of Oz"

animation was outstanding, the "take or spin" on the characters was unique, storyline was excellent.

the Mystical figures weren't overdone, they actually used weapons.

good enough to leave the kids home, go see it by yourself!

Re: Rise of the Guardians

Agreed, Dreamworks did a great job with this one! The main Visual Effects Supervisor is close friend of mine (also South African Army vet) who said the big risk they took with this one was to not worry about making kids actually feel emotions again. Apparently since "The Lion King" most animation studios have been hesitant to make kids cry or feel intense emotion other than laughter. With "Guardians" they broke that unwritten rule, but to do it took a lot of convincing the suits and bean counters. It's one of those rare victories for creatives at a studio.

For the tech folks, there's some breakdown on the techniques used for some of the effects in the film. I particularly like the frost effect done with a cellular automata simulation.

http://www.fxguide.com/featured/rise-of-the-effects/

I thought it had potential but I couldn't get over Santa pointlessly holding his two swords the whole time and the movie got a lot better when the sandman was killed. Anyway, interesting idea but I think the clutter really dragged it down but it sure had phenomenal graphics.

Its enough to take the kids to a movie that doesn't torture me. It was even better that I liked this one. Id recommend it.

might have to consider this one!

Just took the kids to this 8yo and 6yo
Very good movie. We are picky and very conservative with what our kids watch this was a great flick.
T