• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Risky Business 928 sells for 😮

The battle of the big wallets over a car if sold as new old stock would be worth $79,000.00.

Seller made out like a fat rat after thinking he could get a couple hundred thousand for it. Buyer actually paid $1,980,000.00 for the car because Barrett charges 10% buyer and seller fee.

Reactions: Lawless
The 924 and 928 models were full of gremlins. Awesome cars IMO, and I always wanted a 928.

It’s a shame the Lotus Esprit V8 series cars hadn’t came out when this movie was made. Tom Cruise would have been a real pimp in an S4S, or a V8GT SE

Reactions: AMGtuned
Someone who was a child of the 80's now has money and wants an iconic car from the movie where he first saw boobs. More than one, since there were multiple bidders.
For context:
Batmobile - $4m
Ferris Bueller Fauxarri - one of the three(?) - $400k

Shit that Steve McQueen drove always brings huge money.
1970 911 driven in the opening scene of Le Mans - $1.4m (mint non McQ is worth <10% of that).
GT40 used as a camera car in the same film - $11m (most recent GT40 sold for $3.5)
Porsche 962 driven by McQ in the same movie - $14m in 2017, didn't meet reserve this summer
Porsche 930 Turbo not used in any film - $2m in 2015

Also, the collector car market has gotten RED HOT over the past 10 months. Just my run of the mill Porsche 993 has more than doubled in value.

One more to add to that list: including fees, the Bullitt Mustang auctioned for 3.74 mil last year. He's still the King of Cool.
Darn, I had a window open for that one, but clearly misplaced my mental note to throw it in.