• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rite in Rain Notebook

If you are going to be writing in the rain on paper, they work well. Expensive though. I used them for taking notes in A'stan and never had a problem, even on the few occassions that it rained on me.

I had a couple left over from service and use them for DOPE books. Some pins are picky about writing on them thought.

I use them for field notes and dope cards.
Here in Western Oregon it's the only way to go. Their branded pens or a pencil work best.

I have one in a cargo pocket right now for work and a few of us keep one in our FD turnout gear. Even if you don't "write in the rain", they hold up well in sweaty pockets, etc.

We buy those by the thousands, they work just fine. They are great in sweaty pockets or in a cargo pocket working the range, when your water bottle spills, everything is not lost..

They cost a little more, but are well worth it the first time you get wet. Additionally, the paper is a little more "heavy duty" and withstands overall abuse pretty well.

Look at a place called Dansdepot.com They have some pretty cheap compared to this.

I had a rite in the rain notebook with waterproof pages and I dropped it into a river while doing research for biology and I chased it down the river for 30 feet. Thankfully all of my handwritten notes (written in pen) were not smeared and after drying I was still able to write in it although the pages were crinkled. Pencil doesn't show up well and doesn't erase well either. Amazon has them for good prices.