• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Riton X7 question

Anderhammer52

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Oct 17, 2019
North Las Vegas, NV
While searching around for a new scope I came a cross a deal on euro optic. I found that they are doing a great deal (or so it seems) on the X7. Specifically the 3-18 and 4-32 models. I used the search function on here as well as YouTube and didn't really find anything. The prices eurooptic is showing are several hundred less than even the expert voice prices on them. I'm looking at these options for a bolt gun that is getting transformed into a coyote hunting rig, I'm also looking at the bushnell match pro and some used options in the px section. My question is are they worth the risk since i can't seem to find any great info on them or is it one of those to good to be true moments?

I bought one (3-18x50) a few weeks ago. I'm seriously debating getting another one. I ordered a second today. It's worth the $530 (shipped with tax) I paid.

A couple of negatives are that the illumination on mine isn't that great. I think these might be demos or returns as mine came with the battery installed...could just be a Riton thing though. The sunshade (purchased separately) works but it doesn't fit very well with a 1mm-2mm gap. Parallax adjustment on mine was a bit finicky, but I have it dialed in now. With included scope caps it's 32.4 ounces, which is a bit porky but not out of line for the mag range. Other 3-18s I have from LOW and Meopta are about the same weight.

EDIT: Brownells is having a sale on the MPO line (including the 3-18x50 and 5-25x56 for $699). You can find 10% off coupons to drop that down. The Riton 3-18x50 is the same basic design from the same OEM (JOL) as the Brownells MPO. My decision just got a bit more difficult.

EDIT 2: Ordered another Riton. I think the MPO is a good deal, especially considering it includes the sunshade. But I actually like the PSR reticle better in the Riton...that is all.

Last edited:
I bought one (3-18x50) a few weeks ago. I'm seriously debating getting another one. I ordered a second today. It's worth the $530 (shipped with tax) I paid.

A couple of negatives are that the illumination on mine isn't that great. I think these might be demos or returns as mine came with the battery installed...could just be a Riton thing though. The sunshade (purchased separately) works but it doesn't fit very well with a 1mm-2mm gap. Parallax adjustment on mine was a bit finicky, but I have it dialed in now. With included scope caps it's 32.4 ounces, which is a bit porky but not out of line for the mag range. Other 3-18s I have from LOW and Meopta are about the same weight.

EDIT: Brownells is having a sale on the MPO line (including the 3-18x50 and 5-25x56 for $699). You can find 10% off coupons to drop that down. The Riton 3-18x50 is the same basic design from the same OEM (JOL) as the Brownells MPO. My decision just got a bit more difficult.

EDIT 2: Ordered another Riton. I think the MPO is a good deal, especially considering it includes the sunshade. But I actually like the PSR reticle better in the Riton...that is all.
From what I saw I definitely side with you on the reticle. I'm thinking I'm gonna be doing the same.

Reactions: Jmack1179
My second example came in. The turrets feel slightly better on the new one. Illumination is also slightly better. The battery was already installed, which leads me to believe Riton just ships them that way. Overall it's a great deal at $499. Reminds me of the Crimson Trace closeouts awhile back at Midway. Both of mine are going on rimfires.

Just saw that Joe Rhea has a new video on the T3 reticle version:

Interesting that he just now is looking at the 2022 version when the 2023 is coming soon. He says it's a LOW scope, but I guarantee you it's JOL.

My second example came in. The turrets feel slightly better on the new one. Illumination is also slightly better. The battery was already installed, which leads me to believe Riton just ships them that way. Overall it's a great deal at $499. Reminds me of the Crimson Trace closeouts awhile back at Midway. Both of mine are going on rimfires.

Just saw that Joe Rhea has a new video on the T3 reticle version:

Interesting that he just now is looking at the 2022 version when the 2023 is coming soon. He says it's a LOW scope, but I guarantee you it's JOL.

I just bought one of these and one thing I didn't realize is that the turret won't dial more than 19.5mils without taking the turret cap off to "jump the zero stop" and continue turning. What are you using for a workaround on your rimfires?

Reactions: Cotay
I just bought one of these and one thing I didn't realize is that the turret won't dial more than 19.5mils without taking the turret cap off to "jump the zero stop" and continue turning. What are you using for a workaround on your rimfires?
Honestly I hadn't counted the clicks yet on these. I'm still waiting on a 17HMR barrel from Lothar before setting these up on my two 17HMR rifles. Just verified that you are correct. I have a total of 47.9 mils of internal adjustment on the one I selected, but the zero stop mechanism limits the travel to approximately 19.5 mils. I'd be fine if the zero stop could be disabled, but that doesn't appear to be the case. That's disconcerting enough that I'm going to call Riton tomorrow.

Reactions: MC56
The zero stop mechanism limits the travel to approximately 19.5 mils. I'd be fine if the zero stop could be disabled, but that doesn't appear to be the case. That's disconcerting enough that I'm going to call Riton tomorrow.

Thank you for that important info....!
We appreciate if you let us know what Riton responded.

▪ A zero stop that limits max. elevation adjustment is like a 7-foot 3-inch basketball player — who can't stand fully erect because of a leg problem and ends up standing only 6-foot 2-inch tall.

▪ A zero stop that limits max. elevation adjustment AND can't be disabled is like a 7-foot 3-inch basketball player — who must walk on crutches....

Matthias

Reactions: Patches_Ohoulihan

▪ A zero stop that limits max. elevation adjustment is like a 7-foot 3-inch basketball player — who can't stand fully erect because of a leg problem and ends up standing only 6-foot 2-inch tall.

▪ A zero stop that limits max. elevation adjustment AND can't be disabled is like a 7-foot 3-inch basketball player — who must walk on crutches....

Matthias
I already called. Cannot be disabled. Need a "blank elevation cap" with no zero stop. They said they get them in intermittently but the caps for the new model aren't backwards compatible. They're trying to find me one. Customer service was very friendly and went out of his way to try to help, but that's pretty fucking disingenuous of Riton as a company to not clearly state something that will be an obvious deal breaker for many, especially after they market this as an ELR scope. IDK what they were thinking or how this isn't mentioned in any of the reviews I found online. Crazy.

I already called. Cannot be disabled. Need a "blank elevation cap" with no zero stop. They said they get them in intermittently but the caps for the new model aren't backwards compatible. They're trying to find me one. Customer service was very friendly and went out of his way to try to help, but that's pretty fucking disingenuous of Riton as a company to not clearly state something that will be an obvious deal breaker for many, especially after they market this as an ELR scope. IDK what they were thinking or how this isn't mentioned in any of the reviews I found online. Crazy.
Good to know, thanks. I think one could Dremel down the zero stop mechanism ridges fairly easily. I'm going to see if they will sell me a standard cap and I'll try to remove it. I suppose you could also grind down the nub on the turret, but I'd rather modify a spare cap. 19.5 mils is still enough for my uses, but I'd like the option. The limitation should definitely be made clear by Riton. I also noticed that the Brownells MPO has the same limitation.

LOL put a backorder in for a Riton 4x32 and now I read this. Were you able to disable the zero stop?
I may just have to cancel that order, the fact that Riton does not disclose that is shady.

How retarded can you be to set up an optic in this day and age with a FEATURE like that zero stop.

LOL put a backorder in for a Riton 4x32 and now I read this. Were you able to disable the zero stop?
I may just have to cancel that order, the fact that Riton does not disclose that is shady.

How retarded can you be to set up an optic in this day and age with a FEATURE like that zero stop.
What's more frustrating to me than just not disclosing this feature is that they advertise 40 something MRAD of elevation as a SELLING POINT without stating this glaringly obvious caveat.

That said, they did eventually send me a blank turret cap (you may need to be persistent, PM me if you'd like the full scoop). It works as advertised and I have 30.2mils of upwards elevation and about 17 downwards. Total of over 47 MRAD elevation travel with no zero stop. I'm already on a 40moa base, so now I need to decide if I want to get another 30-40 MOA in my mount so that my turret zero is less than 1 rev from the bottom, or just sell it off and call it a day. I still need to test the parallax out to distance before I really decide. It does track consistently/accurately.

Surprised no one mentioned they had reliability issues with their Riton X7 Conquers. Search function works though. The scopes coming out of Japan Optics seem questionable including the Blackhound, Apex RIVAL, Brownells, Crimson Trace versions of the Riton. At least you all didn't pay full price. I was tempted to buy a few for the $649.99 sale with free shipping until I researched all the negatives coming from competition shooters who no longer trust theirs including their multiple replacements under warranty. There's bullets4bucks YouTube tried to bite his tongue on his review on it too. Several parts maybe 3 part review. He didn't recommend buying it.

I think if used on a 22 rimfire and not banged around but babied it may just give some good service. A common issue is parallax going out if focus and lose clarity all of a sudden, zero stop doesn't stop at zero but mostly clarity issues as though the parallax wheel somehow wears out or gets out of collimation?

Matthias
First off, the basketball player analogy is hilarious! 😂 I will have to remember

Matthias
First off, the basketball player analogy is fucking hilarious! 😂🤣😂
Now I do have a question regarding the adjustments and the stop, and I am hoping it is not a stupid one.
In general should I need access to more than that 19.5 amount that you all have mentioned? I feel as though that is quite a bit of adjustment but I am also super green to long range shooting and my scope knowledge currently stops at about the ACOG level. 😂

First off, the basketball player analogy is hilarious! 😂 I will have to remember

First off, the basketball player analogy is fucking hilarious! 😂🤣😂
Now I do have a question regarding the adjustments and the stop, and I am hoping it is not a stupid one.
In general should I need access to more than that 19.5 amount that you all have mentioned? I feel as though that is quite a bit of adjustment but I am also super green to long range shooting and my scope knowledge currently stops at about the ACOG level. 😂
Depends on your use case. For PRS22, I want to be able to dial past 400 yards, which is 20+ mils.

Surprised no one mentioned they had reliability issues with their Riton X7 Conquers. Search function works though. The scopes coming out of Japan Optics seem questionable including the Blackhound, Apex RIVAL, Brownells, Crimson Trace versions of the Riton. At least you all didn't pay full price. I was tempted to buy a few for the $649.99 sale with free shipping until I researched all the negatives coming from competition shooters who no longer trust theirs including their multiple replacements under warranty. There's bullets4bucks YouTube tried to bite his tongue on his review on it too. Several parts maybe 3 part review. He didn't recommend buying it.

I think if used on a 22 rimfire and not banged around but babied it may just give some good service. A common issue is parallax going out if focus and lose clarity all of a sudden, zero stop doesn't stop at zero but mostly clarity issues as though the parallax wheel somehow wears out or gets out of collimation?
I work for Riton for the record but I have been running Ritons for many years on 300wn/338LM with zero problems

I work for Riton for the record but I have been running Ritons for many years on 300wn/338LM with zero problems
Good to know. At the risk of stirring the pot, I will ask you the same question I asked above. I actually just got a good deal on a secondhand .300WM that came with a Riton scope installed. My only real experience with optics would span from pistol dots to a Trijicon ACOG that rode my carbine forever. Oh, and the Redfield fixed 4 power that my dad used for everything. Legit long range rifle scopes are a new subject for me. So far the Riton seems nice. Previously it was pointed out that the stop feature of this scope limits the movement. On the surface it sounds like a negative but when they explained that they still get 19.5 clicks before it stops, I was confused. To me that sounds like a lot of adjustment. Especially if I am shooting from far away.

Am I right to feel like that is plenty of adjustment room? Especially for me being so new at this? I’m going out for my first range day tomorrow so I will probably have more questions then, and certainly of an opinion on your company’s scope overall. Since I haven’t shot with it yet my opinion is limited to it seems sturdy, picture looks clear, and pretty cool looking style wise.

Feel free to drop any tips about taking this thing out.

Right on, why can second party resellers /dealers such as EuroOptic and Scopelist sell the X7 Conquer 4-32x56 for $649.99 with free shipping while buying direct from Riton cost double?

Are you personally using a 2022 or older how old exactly 4-32x56 Riton x7 Conquer or the Chinese made models and exactly which specific models?

When you buy direct from the company there's no middleman so why are the prices maxed out when buying from Riton directly? Reminds me of Bushnells cheaper buying elsewhere through second party dealers but Riton markups are worse. Ridiculously huge markups obviously.

Last edited:
The question of how much elevation adjustement one needs from a scope turret is easy to be answered with the laconic and less than helpful: "it depends."

🔹 Well, it does depend on how far you want to shoot:
The further out, the more the bullet will drop ➔ the more you'll have to adjust the reticle to make up for the drop ➔ the more elevation adjustment the turret needs to be able to allow you to dial.

🔹It also depends on the muzzle velocity:
The slower you shoot the bullet, the more it will drop per yard traveled ➔ the more you need to dial up the elevation.

🔹And to add to the mix, it depends on the bullet's ballistic coefficient (BC):
Simplified: The lower the BC of a bullet, the more drag is has when racing through the air ➔ the more it will drop per yard traveled ➔ the more you need to dial up the elevation.

If you want to figure out at home how much elevation adjustment you need for a certain bullet and load (muzzle velocity), for a certain distance — a ballistic calculator is your friend.

If you're fine finding this out on the range: Zero the gun for 100y or 100m.
Then shoot at longer ranges and measure how much additional bullet drop you are getting: Use your FFP scope to measure with the reticle how many mils below the center you hit. Dial the same amount of mils up on your elevation turret to compensate for that drop.

Eventually you'll run out of elevation adjustment.
Count the clicks you've dialed above your 100y zero.
Now you know.... 😊

And most of all. Have fun!

Matthias

So I was able to spend some time at the range with my new (secondhand) .300WM and Riton X7. I am not nearly knowledgeable enough to try and review either plus I am sure others on here are familiar enough with both my gun and scope, that I would seem super douchey if I were to try to. So I will just throw out my takeaways from the experience. In no particular order:
- Christensen makes a heck of a rifle
- more reps are needed
- this ammo will make high volume reps a challenge
- the scope works
- I had a hold up using the turret stop. The little U piece was apparently faced the wrong way. Not sure if I did that on accident or if it was already like that from the previous owner.
- I think the rings might be too tall
- I didn’t split my eyebrow open thankfully
- freestanding and firing at distance was harder than I thought
- the view through the scope was clear.
- I feel like I am grossly underutilizing this scope given my current ability 🤔😂
- It seems far “easier” to shoot long distances when you have a partner with you
- I learned that for me and my current ability the amount of clicking after my turret stop is set is more than plenty. Maybe my opinion changes down the road?🤷🏾‍♂️ I guess we will see what side of that argument I land on once I get to a place where it actually impacts my shooting.

Some questions:
- I wear glasses and was having a hard time getting all of that black shadow effect to go away. One of the other guys said it probably had something to do with my glasses and eye relief. Does anyone have tips for this?
- Any special cleaning or maintenance needed for the scope? Or do I just treat it like my red dots, glasses, and cameras?
- Am I able to get the scope Cerakoted? I met a guy that’s going to do my rifle for me.
- Are the long distance range officers all such shit bags?👍😂 The guys handle the other parts of the range are way better than this guy was.
- Recommend any iPhone apps for shooting?
- Does my scope still have a warranty even though I bought it used?

Can’t wait to hear everyone thoughts.

There is 46 MRAD total so half that would be 23 MRAD. So only getting 19.5 is about all that is left once you zero in the middle of the total 46 available. That being said, if you had a huge base with built in adjustment like a 40 MOA (11.6 MRAD) base or more I could see it being a bummer.

There is 46 MRAD total so half that would be 23 MRAD. So only getting 19.5 is about all that is left once you zero in the middle of the total 46 available. That being said, if you had a huge base with built in adjustment like a 40 MOA (11.6 MRAD) base or more I could see it being a bummer.
I’m guessing this will make more sense to me as I continue my journey. 😂 Where I am at right now I definitely have plenty of adjustments left after setting my stop. So far I really enjoy the scope Jmack1179.

Right on, why can second party resellers /dealers such as EuroOptic and Scopelist sell the X7 Conquer 4-32x56 for $649.99 with free shipping while buying direct from Riton cost double?

Are you personally using a 2022 or older how old exactly 4-32x56 Riton x7 Conquer or the Chinese made models and exactly which specific models?

When you buy direct from the company there's no middleman so why are the prices maxed out when buying from Riton directly? Reminds me of Bushnells cheaper buying elsewhere through second party dealers but Riton markups are worse. Ridiculously huge markups obviously.
That’s a good question. I work in product development so I’m not 100% sure why that is. I will find out. My guess would be the 4-32 you’re talking about is one of the older models and the 2023 version on the website is the newer version. On optics planet the new 2023 4-32 is 1599.00. So that makes me think we sold the older models off less expensive to make room for the new model with the new features.
For any of my High end rifles and/or larger caliber I only use the 7 Conquer scopes. But on my 308/6.5/22/5.56 I have and do use the 1/3/5 lines and have had no problems.

I know that Riton isn’t really trying to sell direct from the website so the prices there are always higher than dealer prices. We hope to make the dealers happy and do most sales that way.
I also think Riton made a move to sell all the older models and have the new 2023 stuff listed on the website so I could see that the website prices are looking high.

I’m guessing this will make more sense to me as I continue my journey. 😂 Where I am at right now I definitely have plenty of adjustments left after setting my stop. So far I really enjoy the scope Jmack1179.
Yes sir. the 19.5 or way more than enough to get the major calibers out to 1000 yards. Some of my rifles do a mile with less than 19.5 Mils. Plus there are 12 Mils in the reticle. I often only dial a portion of my come up to be in the middle of the ret because it's nice to use to measure misses for wind and elevation and make quick adjustments. Like if I needed 12 Mil for my come up I would only dial 6 and use the 6 Mil line in the ret. That's just me, I don't claim it's the best or it's right. It works well for me though.

Awesome. A mile?!! That’s badass. I have not gone out to a distance that has a comma in the yardage. 😂 . At least not on my own. I did with a buddy’s AX that had been dialed in and he had been hitting steel at 1,200. I don’t give myself too much credit for it because I literally only needed to get behind the gone properly, listen to where he said to hold, and finally apply the fundamentals shooting. I was 3 for 5 on that one. My first and last shots totally whiffed. 😂 That is what started my interest in this type of shooting last year.

Yes, I'm running 40moa of cant.

Awesome. A mile?!! That’s badass. [...] I did with a buddy’s AX [...] hitting steel at 1,200. That is what started my interest in this type of shooting last year.

Yupp.
That's how it starts.
The infection of long range shooting.

Once you have it in your blood... — not even the World Health Organization WHO has any suggestions what vaccine they might want to force down your vein to cure you.

It's hopeless.
You might as well give in:

▪So, you have a long range scope to start out with. Good.
▪A gun that shoots. Good.
▪What about a good rangefinder?
▪Got a Kestrel yet?
▪What about handloading equipment?

▪You asked about a ballistic calculator. I'm sure someone around here can pass you the file to install Strelok Pro for iPhone.

Welcome to the ward of long range shooting. 😉

Matthias

Yupp.
That's how it starts.
The infection of long range shooting.

Once you have it in your blood... — not even the World Health Organization WHO has any suggestions what vaccine they might want to force down your vein to cure you.

It's hopeless.
You might as well give in:

▪So, you have a long range scope to start out with. Good.
▪A gun that shoots. Good.
▪What about a good rangefinder?
▪Got a Kestrel yet?
▪What about handloading equipment?

▪You asked about a ballistic calculator. I'm sure someone around here can pass you the file to install Strelok Pro for iPhone.

Welcome to the ward of long range shooting. 😉

Matthias
Sorry to hear you bought a top of the line Vector Optics Continental 5-30x56 34mm and wyou were disappointed about it due to image quality not good enough to your own liking.

The new Bushnell Match Pro ED 5-30x56 is at least a few steps below the Vector Optics Continental in optical quality. They're made at the same Chinese factory too but the Bushnell was meant for high profits for Bushnell so it's been specifically built for a lot cheaper while the Vector Optics Continental was meant to be an affordable top of the line optic.

The new Bushnell Match Pro ED 5-30x56 is at least a few steps below the Vector Optics Continental in optical quality. They're made at the same Chinese factory too but the Bushnell was meant for high profits for Bushnell so it's been specifically built for a lot cheaper while the Vector Optics Continental was meant to be an affordable top of the line optic.

Scopeye, 👍🏼

THAT piece of information is indeed very helpful, as I have been wondering with remorse if I should have tried the Bushnell instead of the Vector.
Thank you.

I do have to ask: Have you had the chance to compare them side by side?

I have had an opportunity at a Grand Canyon‐deep discounted Riton 7 — but it has to finish its odyssey to me — so I have to be patient before I get to make comparisons. 😊

Matthias

This brings me to the question:

What are the differences between the various Riton 4x32x56 models, especially no. 3 and 4?
I counted at least 4 generations:

➊ RT-S Mod 7
➋ X7 Conquer
➌ 7 Conquer (pre-2023)
➍ 7 Conquer (2023)

The no. 4 includes a second turret without a zero-stop to use the full elevation adjustment range. 👍🏼

It also has a physical turn counter indicator (like the Vector Continental). 👍🏼

They declare that the minimum parallax is 20y ☹️ (formerly 15y — which TO ME — is hugely important). How much is it actually?

And what else changed?

Matthias

Reactions: Scopeye
This brings me to the question:

What are the differences between the various Riton 4x32x56 models, especially no. 3 and 4?
I counted at least 4 generations:

➊ RT-S Mod 7
➋ X7 Conquer
➌ 7 Conquer (pre-2023)
➍ 7 Conquer (2023)

The no. 4 includes a second turret without a zero-stop to use the full elevation adjustment range. 👍🏼

It also has a physical turn counter indicator (like the Vector Continental). 👍🏼

They declare that the minimum parallax is 20y ☹️ (formerly 15y — which TO ME — is hugely important). How much is it actually?

And what else changed?

Matthias
Question of the day is does the zero stop hinder/limits total elevation travel?

Scopeye, 👍🏼

THAT piece of information is indeed very helpful, as I have been wondering with remorse if I should have tried the Bushnell instead of the Vector.
Thank you.

I do have to ask: Have you had the chance to compare them side by side?

I have had an opportunity at a Grand Canyon‐deep discounted Riton 7 — but it has to finish its odyssey to me — so I have to be patient before I get to make comparisons. 😊

Matthias
The Vector Continental has better image quality on high magnification compared to the Bushnell Match Pro ED.

If you want a knock your socks off affordable super reliable budget Chinese made scope with a 10 yard close focus then go buy an Athlon Midas Tac 6-24x50 if you find a good sale such as $500 or less. The Athlon Chinese HD glass seems to be better quality than the German Schott glass used in the Vector Continental and also better than the Chinese HD glass used in the Bushnell Match Pro as well as the Chinese ED glass used in the Bushnell Match Pro ED.

I also noticed the Chinese HD glass used in the Athlon Midas Tac and Ares BTR G2 are more pleasant to my own eyes compared to the German Schott ELD glass used in the Japan made Tract Toric 4-20x50 on high magnification.

Question of the day is does the zero stop [in the Riton 4-32x56] hinder/limits total elevation travel?

I cannot imagine that it would not limit total elevation travel.

I remember earlier in this thread someone helpfully reported they had received an elevation turret from Riton that would not limit elevation travel — and that didn't have a zero stop.
Now, it would seem they just include the additional turret. 👍🏼
The same approach that the Vector Continental is taking, up to and including the physical turn counter, Riton following suit. Not bad thing IMO.

Matthias

If you want a knock your socks off affordable super reliable budget Chinese made scope with a 10 yard close focus then go buy an Athlon Midas Tac 6-24x50 if you find a good sale such as $500 or less.

That's good information! Thanks. 👍🏼

I keep wanting to buy Athlon, but have a bad habit of being very demanding on the specs of my scopes — as I want them to do a little bit of everything.
▪ I want 24x or more on the top end.
▪ And a FoV of at least 25y on the bottom magnification. (That's where Athlon's 6-24x lack.)
▪ I need 10 or 15y minimum parallax. (And that's where Athlon's -27x and -30x models drop off my list.)
▪ Every year I pore over the specs of Athlon's new offerings. Maybe 2024 they will get their min. parallax down to 10y. 👍🏼

➠I know March would meet all my demands, but it's September, and my bank account balance just scoffs at me for mentioning it. 🤦🏻‍♂️

⭐ I am finding the SH to a good place to meet people that know way more about scopes than I do — because they have actually looked through them. I will be back. (And you better believe I can say that with the right accent, because that's my mother's tongue.)

Matthias

That's good information! Thanks. 👍🏼

I keep wanting to buy Athlon, but have a bad habit of being very demanding on the specs of my scopes — as I want them to do a little bit of everything.
▪ I want 24x or more on the top end.
▪ And a FoV of at least 25y on the bottom magnification. (That's where Athlon's 6-24x lack.)
▪ I need 10 or 15y minimum parallax. (And that's where Athlon's -27x and -30x models drop off my list.)
▪ Every year I pore over the specs of Athlon's new offerings. Maybe 2024 they will get their min. parallax down to 10y. 👍🏼

➠I know March would meet all my demands, but it's September, and my bank account balance just scoffs at me for mentioning it. 🤦🏻‍♂️

⭐ I am finding the SH to a good place to meet people that know way more about scopes than I do — because they have actually looked through them. I will be back. (And you better believe I can say that with the right accent, because that's my mother's tongue.)

Matthias
Arken SH line seems to have a 25 yard minimum focus while their light weight EPL line have a 12 -13 yard minimum focus even though they are supposed to go down to 10 yards, they in fact do not, at least their 6-24x50 model does not.

Arken EPL line have a 12 -13 yard minimum focus even though they are supposed to go down to 10 yards, they in fact do not, at least their 6-24x50 model does not.

Minutes ago I was just negotiating an Arken EPL, the 4-16x44 though.....

Are you reading my PM's or what...!?! 😲

➠ Just kidding!! 😉

Again, your information is super helpful. 👍🏼 Maybe someone will chime in as to the minimum parallax of the
Arken EPL 4-16x44 FFP.

Matthias

➠ Just kidding!! 😉

Again, your information is super helpful. 👍🏼 Maybe someone will chime in as to the minimum parallax of the
Arken EPL 4-16x44 FFP.

Matthias
The problem I have noticed regarding Arken scopes (across the board) is their minimum focus parallax all seem to be higher than advertised. Even their EP5 have variances that were higher than their 25 yard minimum advertised as much as 40+ yards minimum based on all the EP5s among friends who actually measured what their minimum focus were at their maximum magnification.

Just because Arken advertises a certain minimum focus parallax you should not take it literally even if the actual knob says 10 yards or 25 yards on them. They are cheap Chinese made scopes with poor quality control with lots of variances between sample sizes and great if you're lucky to receive a good one that doesn't need to be sent back for warranty right away. It's a luck of the draw buying this brand so I'd suggest only buying them when they have their 25% off sale with free shipping and keep your proof of purchase receipt in a safe place too just in case they change their warranty returns policy.

Another real head scratcher is their new SH4J which supposed to have Japanese glass has exactly the same level of image quality based on quantifiable professionally tested methods as their cheaper SH4 Gen 2 with Chinese glass according to the recent REX Reviews. (Tiborasaurusrex) and if this is indeed the case then it's a major disappointment to throw away more money for another product that didn't actually get an improvement which is selling for a higher price.

Another notable mention is the so called Japanese glass used in the EPL4 isn't as good as the Chinese HD glass used in Athlon Midas Tac. It's not terrible but only average or slightly below average at best maybe comparable to an Element Optics Helix or Titan glass and slightly better than the Vortex Diamondback Tactical and Venom and Swampfox versions. Your Vector Continental will have clearer glass.

Last edited:
Reactions: JungleShooter
Good to know, thanks. I think one could Dremel down the zero stop mechanism ridges fairly easily. I'm going to see if they will sell me a standard cap and I'll try to remove it. I suppose you could also grind down the nub on the turret, but I'd rather modify a spare cap. 19.5 mils is still enough for my uses, but I'd like the option. The limitation should definitely be made clear by Riton. I also noticed that the Brownells MPO has the same limitation.
The Brownells MPOs are other scopes to avoid buying.

➠ Just kidding!! 😉

Arken EPL 4-16x44 FFP.

Matthias
The Sightmark Presidio 3-18x50 is another decent budget priced FFP with illuminated reticle and zero stop with a lifetime warranty worth buying especially for $269.99 and free shipping on Amazon. This model has a 10 yard focus even though they may say it's 15 yards believe it or not the at least based on the one a buddy of mine recently got. It's clearer than the Element Helix and Titan and also comparable if not slightly better than the Bushnell Match Pro and way clearer than a Vortex Diamondback Tactical and Venom and the Swampfox versions. Their Citadels have already proven themselves to be reliable and their new Presidios are the new improved version of their Citadels. Still the Midas Tac is the better scope and noticeably clearer too in fact clearer than your Vector Continental.

Reactions: JungleShooter