• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

RL 16 assistance

I was under the impression that different bullets with different base types and/or more mass in front of the ogive would have different free space at same seating depth. Wouldn't that effect tuning and max charge?

The bullet shape will affect a number of different things, but max charge weight really isn't one of them to any meaningful degree. Where they are seated matters (e.g. jammed or jumped), but you should be setting each bullet type differently regardless - will be based on your measurements.

Reactions: NoDopes
RL16 is so temperature insensitive there should be no issue.

I love the stuff. Bought 64 lbs at one point a few years ago and still have half of that left.
Yea i would be inclined to agree but you never know.

Its great for sure. When i had my 6.5 creedmoor was pushing 130 bergers close to 3000 fps, no pressure signs…I have 16 lbs of the stuff but in between rifles/cartridges that would take it atm.

Hope it holds up in the summer months but if not, id drop it another .2-.3 just to be safe. Should still be in the same “node”, precision wise but poi may or may not shift. I might do a quick test at .5 lower than your original charge weight over your chrono to see what happens but its up to you.
yeah I agree with what you said ..Ill try this weekend,thanks

Last edited:
Yea i would be inclined to agree but you never know.

Its great for sure. When i had my 6.5 creedmoor was pushing 130 bergers close to 3000 fps, no pressure signs…I have 16 lbs of the stuff but in between rifles/cartridges that would take it atm.
I love this stuff just got to get them flying right and all will be good lol..dang 3000 fps thats pretty dern good