• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Road trip to Montana!

gunman_7

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 10, 2006
The wife and I are heading from MN to NW Montana. Going on a 2400 mile road trip to pick up a snowmobile. We are going to be in the Libby area for the weekend, any of you yahoos know of anything to do out here? I was thinking of hopping over to Idaho, just to say I've been there. Should be a fun trip, never seen the mountains. Just don't want to waste the little time we will have out there and figured someone must know something to do out there.....

Thanks,

Chris

Re: Road trip to Montana!

Lets see now, Montana, winter time, mountains, snowmobile. What's the question again?
Whitefish winter carnival is this weekend. It's about a hundred miles from Libby. They most generally manage a fair party there.

You can stop in ND and freeze your balls off, with the rest of us.

LOL, yea just drove through Bismark, truck says its only -3 deg. Was -21 back home when we left.

I'd go riding but this sled we are picking up has been in storage for sometime, and needs to be gone through before any serious riding happens. I already threatened the wife I'd leave her in the hotel and go riding... That went over as well as expected... Only 845 miles to go, gettin closer...

rent a sled for you and her after riding out there it seems pointless even starting the sled on the flat ground

'Deliverance' MT style. Being on your knees buck naked in the middle of nowhere in the winter is sure gonna make you wish if nothing else you would have waited until summer and threw in a tube of lubricant!!
wink.gif
They like to play 'hide the salami moreso when it is really cold I hear?
smile.gif

Actually I love the state. Twin brother lives in Kalispell and there is no more gorgeous scenery in my book then around that area! Roughly 820 miles from here(NW SD) to Kali via Billings/Missoula then another 120 to Kalispell and IIRC about another 100 west to Libby. A long ways to drive for a sled that doesn't run? Must be a nice one and cheap??LOL