• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Robert just made my day

jonthomps

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Feb 9, 2009
    Kansas City
    My new 338 LM build is complete! Specs:

RW Snyder lefty action
    30 moa base
    Defiance bottom metal, CIP length
    McM A-5 in McCamo
    Timney trigger
    26" 1-9.3 twist MTU profile tube
    RWS 3-port brake

RWS338LM1_zpsb837bab9.jpg

Last edited:
    Re: Robert just made my day

at first i thought the gun was backwards, then i thought the photo was, then i noticed it was a lefty.

Good stuff tho, looks good.

You better send it back the bolts on the wrong side,nice stick

I have no use for a 338 ... but I still want one! That thing looks great!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Derrick300</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is the cerakote in FDE? </div></div>

OD Green

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Captain Kirk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Its a lefty....ruined </div></div>

Oh no, that makes it just right
    laugh.gif

I like it (course i'm a southpaw too). Well done OP, she's a looker.

t

That is a good looking stick!! Bet it shoots better than it looks.

L

congrats on your rifle...Robert builds some beautiful rigs. On top of being sweet looking...they shoot even better!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 25MAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">congrats on your rifle...Robert builds some beautiful rigs. On top of being sweet looking...they shoot even better!</div></div>

So I've heard. I sold my GAP 338 LM because it was a righty (<span style="font-style: italic">GASP!</span>). When I called Ken at GA and was getting a lefty version of what I sold spec'ed out the wait was 8-12 months. Being the impatient person I am, I decided to give Robert a try as he quoted me half the build time. He came in right on schedule. I should take possession sometime in the next few days. Can't wait to see what she's capable of.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jonthomps</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 25MAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">congrats on your rifle...Robert builds some beautiful rigs. On top of being sweet looking...they shoot even better!</div></div>

So I've heard. I sold my GAP 338 LM because it was a righty (<span style="font-style: italic">GASP!</span>). When I called Ken at GA and was getting a lefty version of what I sold spec'ed out the wait was 8-12 months. Being the impatient person I am, I decided to give Robert a try as he quoted me half the build time. He came in right on schedule. I should take possession sometime in the next few days. Can't wait to see what she's capable of. </div></div>

You made a great decision and you will not look back...I have owned 2 260s, 375cheytac, 300WSM and now awaiting a 7SAUM...all built by Robert and shot/shoot lights out.

Looking forward to see some pics of some groups.

Shipping my stuff out to Robert this week. I am going to have him build me a .260. I can't wait.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Savage 10fp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is a range report inbound? Nice looking rifle. </div></div>

Yes. As soon as I get some free time I'll post a range report - hopefully this weekend.

Great looking rifle.congrats on choosing Rws.

Congrats sweet looking stick.lets see some holes soon.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Captain Kirk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Its a lefty....<span style="text-decoration: line-through">ruined</span>perfect</div></div> fixed it for you! Awesome rifle and the gear shift is on the correct side of the rifle.

Someday Robert will build me one. Awesome rig!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lhouston78</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Great looking gun should shoot great. What is the weight? </div></div>

17.5 lbs as pictured according to our 44lb food scale. Too muddy to take her out break her in this weekend.
    338LM_zpsf6860763.jpg

It's taken me a while to break in, but it finally done and boy can she shoot! I'm working up loads and this is the best I've found so far. Didn't have a lot of time but this was the best group of the day. I know, I know, it's only a 3-shot group, but you guys get the picture.

Load specs:

Lapua brass
    90.5g H-1000
    300g Berger
    FGMM primer
    3.780 COAL (Just fits my CIP length mags!)

Attachments

• RWS 338 LM 04.13.13.jpg
      RWS 338 LM 04.13.13.jpg
      90.8 KB · Views: 13
    Just went and broke my RWS .260 in today. Best group so far was .188 while I was working up a load. The man can build a rifle for sure.

I love McCamo. Beautiful build and it shoots too. Can't ask for more. Congrats!

Mike

Very very nice. I really like the look of the McCamo with the green coating of the metal. Too bad it's backwards though. Nice shooting too.