• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Roberts Precision Rifles

smfourie

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 28, 2010
Mansfield TX
Well I'm excited to say I'm getting my 6.5 creedmoor built. Decided to use Roberts Precision out of Houston. Being from Texas, I do all I can to support the Texas based businesses and I've heard nothing but good things about Aaron Roberts. Today I received a card in the mail thanking me for choosing Roberts Precision Rifles - Class act! I'm very excited about my first custom precision rifle! Just a couple months out!

Attachments

• image (3).jpg
    image (3).jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 33
I've had the opportunity to handle and shoot some of his work. You won't be disappointed.

L

Big fan over here. I also went with 6.5 Creedmoor and mine has been nothing but a hammer.

0uOwSWk.png

k8BWTrV.jpg

Here are some more groups out to 1010 yards
zRw3932.jpg

Ryan - I knew you were a Roberts precision owner. That's incredible. We're going to have to get together and shoot sometime. You're in the DFW area correct?

Aaron is top notch! He built me a Defiance Deviant 300 wm and its hammer to shoot..
20130907_091519_zpsbc78f7b6.jpg

This will definitely be a step up from the Remington 300WM PSS I was shooting. Loved that rifle, but it was time to build up. Being a left handed shooter, I shot right handed rifles all my life. This will be my first LH rifle. Specs are as follows:

23" MTU Brux 1-8.5 with 6 Flutes
Stiller TAC30AW
Manners MCS T4A with mini chassis and EFR
Timney Trigger
Surefire SOCOM Brake
Topped off with a Bushnell XRS H59 reticle with Seekins rings

Aaron has done a few rifles for me, almost boring accurate. I have a 300wm (stiller action, before he switched to defiance) that is my go-to rifle. My last was a 243AI he did on a Tikka action/whisky3 chassis, tack driver and loves factory 243 to boot.

He is a perfectionist, and it shows in his work.

My singular disappointment in Aaron: I was not able to bid on the Lone Survivor rifle he built, went for $50,000+, I think. Be nice if he'd do a charitable build for us poor folk.

Last edited:
Check your fire!

It was the Lone Survivor rifle, not a Wounded Warrior rifle. I told Aaron I wanted to bid on it, and he told me it would go for $50,000+, I don't actually know how much it went for.

Needless to say, he does exceptional work.

I've had a few rifles that Aaron built for me, and every single rifle has exceeded my expectations, and then some. The communication throughout the build process is the icing on the cake. The thank you cards, which are surely from his wife :), willingness to answer load development questions, accessibility, and overall positive attitude (we've all talked to surly gunsmiths that don't follow through) just make it a pleasure to do business with him.

The results of each of my builds, and every other build that I have seen from A-aron, have been spectacular. He's a gem, and I doubt that you will find one better. Good choice.

How's your build coming along smfourie? I just met up with Aaron for a consultation the other week and we discussed a custom build in the future so was just curious on what sort of lead time I need to give myself if I want to build a custom rifle and have it before deer season.

And for any of you other gents that have used Aaron to build you a custom rifle before, did y'all use his (Roberts Precision Rifles) custom action or did you go with a big name custom action like Defiance, Surgeon, Bighorn, etc??? Was curious on why one would or wouldn't decide to go with his custom action since I'm not sure which route I want to go yet.