• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Robinson XCR

500grains

Private
Minuteman
Nov 20, 2008
dirt nap
The Robinson XCR is an AR15 type rifle with a gas piston system and monolithic rail platform. It seems to have a small but loyal following?

Does anyone here have experience comparing it to a quality AR-15?

XCR_Fieldstripped.gif

Re: Robinson XCR

Better off with an LMT MRP Piston or similar. Machinne work is pretty good on the XCR which is good if you just want to look at it. Mine wouldnt function for shit.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Anchor Station</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mine wouldnt function for shit. </div></div>

In line with most of the comments I have read online.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 500grains</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Robinson XCR is an AR15 type rifle..... </div></div>

Not really. It's closer to an AK than a AR15. The fire control is the only thing that's AR like. The gas system is all AK.

I have not heard good comments about it, but I have no personal experience.

Problem I have is it is a totally proprietary system; what happens 5-10 years from now if/when the company folds? What if you decide to put a custom match barrel in it from Krieger?.....oops can't do that.

I'd rather get an AR which allows me to put any component from any manufacturer on it and will be around forever. Then, retrofit it with and Adams Arms piston. This system requires no modification to a standard AR and is getting rave reviews from folks pounding the snot out of it trying to break it.
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=124&t=374524

Got one myself. Works. Craters the primers where as the AR doesn't on the same ammo. With the the gas valve in the right position, haven't had a problem shooting suppressed or un-suppressed. Like the ergonomics of it. Doesn't have the spring "noise and feel" that an ar has every time you pull the trigger. Trigger-How bad can a trigger suck. Well, this bad. Sent it back. It still sucks ass. Just not as much. CS isn't work a shit either. As long as it works, will probably keep it, but would not buy another, or anything that man makes.

BIG +1 for everything stated here. Owned 1 of the first XCR's for a short bit. oh so glad it's gone.

I don't know if I just got lucky with mine or what but I have nothing but good things to say about mine. I have had it for about 2 yrs or so and I love it.

Functions great, have never had fail to feed or fire. Very ergonomic and comfortable to shoot. The trigger does suck but its not really any worse than any other type of battle rifle that I've fired. They are supposed to be making a drop in match trigger for it but it is still in the works.

The only thing that would scare me from getting one of these if I didn't already have one is that only RobArm makes anything for them and WHAT IF they were to collapse. Then I'd be screwed. As of now customer service is great, very nice people.

But other than that I would recommend them to any one.

Had a chance to buy one early last year, (before the insane time)for $700 clams. Passed on it but felt like an idjit for doing so. Not really ready to say I'm glad I passed it up though. Seems like it ought to be a good system with some love and attention.

It has had some teething problems. Its got a great gas system from a reliability stand point. I know of a number of ppl that have around 10 thousands rounds through theirs with no issues. Fit and finish on mine is very good. Now understand I really like LMT but first rreports on the piston guns ive seen makes the XCR look like champ. So honestly in my opinion anything new seems to always have teething issues. I just dont really believe in the whole piston AR thing altogether. Short stroke piston retrofit for a platform it wasnt designed for...etc etc. As far as customer service, my view on that is that it has been very good. I have seen a number of people get taken care of by them. Im probably going to grab a 6.8 conversion in the near future for mine. Anyone with a like new XCR with new gas system that(and ban state compliant) wants to trade out for a like new(unfired) Colt AR15 A3 Hbar, let me know
wink.gif

Now I know Anchor seemed to get a bum one but a lot of the bad reports can also be directly related back to people not understanding the adjustable gas system. Go look on the FAL forums, filled with the same issues on FALS for the same reason.

we've had quite a few come through work and we only had one that issues and it was caused by a stupid ass problem.

I think they've had figured things out. As far as parts, I'd buy a couple extra bolts and what not to ensure that I had parts.

Been shooting one regularly for a few months. 3 mags short of having 1000 rounds of cheap Wolf through it. Only one FTF and I believe it was the ammo as it had a good primer strike. I changed the trigger and it still sucks. Put a UBR on it and a S&B short dot and it should do well in 3-gun comps. It is a 4" gun at 100 with Wolf and much less with a target scope and match ammo. I sure wouldn't throw the AR away though.

Pat